Subject: Re: bug#13469: 24.2; emacs has a tiny frame, when I embed it in a kmail text field via xembed (--parent-id %w)

From: "Arne Babenhauserheide (IMK)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 11:57:23 +0100

Am 20.03.2013 20:26, schrieb Eli Zaretskii:
> [Please keep the bug address on the CC list.]

Sorry, that got lost in different shortcuts of different mail programs…

I’ll try to keep it in.

>> There might also be a bug in Qt, which triggers this behavior.
>>
>> Especially strange is that it works with emacs -Q --basic-display.
> 
> The --basic-display disables menu bar and tool bar, and also disables
> blinking cursor.  Maybe the absent menu and tool bar somehow affect
> this, when you resize the qxembed-window?

When I disable the menu bar, the frame is a bit bigger even without
--basic-display. It still resizes to the tiny size, though.

I just found a much easier way to reproduce it:

Run emacs with --parent-id <random number>

Then click with the mouse on the minibuffer. With menubar, it gets
really tiny, without menubar it resizes to a bigger size (~4 times as
wide as the small size), but when I click the minibuffer it emacs starts
to flicker and to resize repeatedly. The flickering stops, when I call
async-shell-command but starts again once I hit C-g to leave the minibuffer.

> I suggest to put a breakpoint in change_frame_size, and see who calls
> it with such a small frame size.

I get something like this:

Breakpoint 1, change_frame_size (f=f@entry=0x104b4b0,
newheight=newheight@entry=5, newwidth=newwidth@entry=21,
pretend=pretend@entry=0, delay=delay@entry=1,
    safe=safe@entry=0) at dispnew.c:5726
5726    in dispnew.c
(gdb)
Continuing.

Breakpoint 1, change_frame_size (f=0x104b4b0, newheight=5, newwidth=21,
pretend=0, delay=0, safe=1) at dispnew.c:5726
5726    in dispnew.c
(gdb)
Continuing.

Breakpoint 1, change_frame_size (f=f@entry=0x104b4b0,
newheight=newheight@entry=3, newwidth=newwidth@entry=21,
pretend=pretend@entry=0, delay=delay@entry=1,
    safe=safe@entry=0) at dispnew.c:5726
5726    in dispnew.c
(gdb)
Continuing.

Breakpoint 1, change_frame_size (f=0x104b4b0, newheight=3, newwidth=21,
pretend=0, delay=0, safe=0) at dispnew.c:5726
5726    in dispnew.c
(gdb)
Continuing.

Breakpoint 1, change_frame_size (f=f@entry=0x104b4b0,
newheight=newheight@entry=13, newwidth=newwidth@entry=21,
pretend=pretend@entry=0, delay=delay@entry=1,
    safe=safe@entry=0) at dispnew.c:5726
5726    in dispnew.c
(gdb)
Continuing.

Breakpoint 1, change_frame_size (f=0x104b4b0, newheight=13, newwidth=21,
pretend=0, delay=0, safe=1) at dispnew.c:5726
5726    in dispnew.c
(gdb)
Continuing.

Breakpoint 1, change_frame_size (f=f@entry=0x104b4b0,
newheight=newheight@entry=8, newwidth=newwidth@entry=21,
pretend=pretend@entry=0, delay=delay@entry=1,
    safe=safe@entry=0) at dispnew.c:5726
5726    in dispnew.c
(gdb)
Continuing.

Breakpoint 1, change_frame_size (f=0x104b4b0, newheight=8, newwidth=21,
pretend=0, delay=0, safe=1) at dispnew.c:5726
5726    in dispnew.c
(gdb)
Continuing.

I tried to check the source, but bzr just died with a maximum recursion
depth error when I tried to get the source of emacs 24.2.1 instead of
trunk… (I’m not used to bzr, so I likely sent it quite an evil set of
commands: update from trunk to emacs-24.2.1; switch emacs-24.2.1; revert
--forget-merges ; switch emacs-24.2.1 → dead)

Online I could only find this:

http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs/emacs-24/annotate/head:/src/dispnew.c#L5726

A backtrace after clicking the minibuffer (which triggers a resize)
looks like this (without menubar):

Breakpoint 1, change_frame_size (f=f@entry=0x104b4b0,
newheight=newheight@entry=5, newwidth=newwidth@entry=21,
pretend=pretend@entry=0, delay=delay@entry=1,
    safe=safe@entry=0) at dispnew.c:5726
5726    in dispnew.c
(gdb) backtrace
#0  change_frame_size (f=f@entry=0x104b4b0, newheight=newheight@entry=5,
newwidth=newwidth@entry=21, pretend=pretend@entry=0,
delay=delay@entry=1, safe=safe@entry=0)
    at dispnew.c:5726
#1  0x00000000004ed1c8 in xg_frame_resized (f=0x104b4b0, pixelwidth=200,
pixelheight=75) at gtkutil.c:888
#2  0x00000000004c3056 in handle_one_xevent
(dpyinfo=dpyinfo@entry=0x101a3f0,
eventptr=eventptr@entry=0x7fffffffc360, finish=finish@entry=0xaee010
<current_finish>,
    hold_quit=0x7fffffffc720) at xterm.c:6813
#3  0x00000000004c3a34 in event_handler_gdk (gxev=0x7fffffffc360,
ev=<optimized out>, data=<optimized out>) at xterm.c:5834
#4  0x00007ffff7543d52 in ?? () from /usr/lib64/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0
#5  0x00007ffff75454f8 in ?? () from /usr/lib64/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0
#6  0x00007ffff754557e in ?? () from /usr/lib64/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0
#7  0x00007ffff68c0883 in g_main_context_dispatch () from
/usr/lib64/libglib-2.0.so.0
#8  0x00007ffff68c0bc8 in ?? () from /usr/lib64/libglib-2.0.so.0
#9  0x00007ffff68c0c84 in g_main_context_iteration () from
/usr/lib64/libglib-2.0.so.0
#10 0x00007ffff78d7b81 in gtk_main_iteration () from
/usr/lib64/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
#11 0x00000000004bb102 in XTread_socket (terminal=0x104b4b0, expected=5,
hold_quit=0x7fffffffc720) at xterm.c:7187
#12 0x0000000000502328 in read_avail_input (expected=expected@entry=1)
at keyboard.c:6859
#13 0x0000000000502b7a in handle_async_input () at keyboard.c:7187
#14 0x0000000000501a49 in process_pending_signals () at keyboard.c:7203
#15 0x00000000005afa35 in wait_reading_process_output
(time_limit=time_limit@entry=30, microsecs=microsecs@entry=0,
read_kbd=read_kbd@entry=-1,
    do_display=do_display@entry=1, wait_for_cell=11979218,
wait_proc=wait_proc@entry=0x0, just_wait_proc=just_wait_proc@entry=0) at
process.c:4343
#16 0x00000000004208b0 in sit_for (timeout=timeout@entry=120,
reading=reading@entry=1, do_display=do_display@entry=1) at dispnew.c:6067
#17 0x0000000000507ae0 in read_char (commandflag=1, nmaps=nmaps@entry=9,
maps=maps@entry=0x7fffffffcf60, prev_event=11979218,
    used_mouse_menu=used_mouse_menu@entry=0x7fffffffd0b4,
end_time=end_time@entry=0x0) at keyboard.c:2692
#18 0x00000000005087ad in read_key_sequence
(keybuf=keybuf@entry=0x7fffffffd190, prompt=11979218,
dont_downcase_last=dont_downcase_last@entry=0,
    can_return_switch_frame=can_return_switch_frame@entry=1,
fix_current_buffer=fix_current_buffer@entry=1, bufsize=30) at
keyboard.c:9328
#19 0x000000000050a97c in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1449
#20 0x000000000056d621 in internal_condition_case
(bfun=bfun@entry=0x50a790 <command_loop_1>, handlers=12031506,
hfun=hfun@entry=0x4fff50 <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1514
#21 0x00000000004fab4e in command_loop_2 (ignore=ignore@entry=11979218)
at keyboard.c:1160
#22 0x000000000056d51b in internal_catch (tag=<optimized out>,
func=func@entry=0x4fab30 <command_loop_2>, arg=11979218) at eval.c:1271
#23 0x00000000004ffa67 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1139
#24 recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:759
#25 0x00000000004ffd6d in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:823
#26 0x0000000000415b8d in main (argc=<optimized out>,
argv=0x7fffffffd9b8) at emacs.c:1715

The following are 4 backtraces after activating the menubar, then
enlarging the window and continuing, until emacs starts to shrink itself
again:

Breakpoint 1, change_frame_size (f=f@entry=0x104b4b0,
newheight=newheight@entry=10, newwidth=newwidth@entry=40,
pretend=pretend@entry=0, delay=delay@entry=1,
    safe=safe@entry=0) at dispnew.c:5726
5726    in dispnew.c
(gdb) backtrace
#0  change_frame_size (f=f@entry=0x104b4b0,
newheight=newheight@entry=10, newwidth=newwidth@entry=40,
pretend=pretend@entry=0, delay=delay@entry=1, safe=safe@entry=0)
    at dispnew.c:5726
#1  0x00000000004ed1c8 in xg_frame_resized (f=0x104b4b0, pixelwidth=352,
pixelheight=150) at gtkutil.c:888
#2  0x00000000004c3056 in handle_one_xevent
(dpyinfo=dpyinfo@entry=0x101a3f0,
eventptr=eventptr@entry=0x7fffffffa5a0, finish=finish@entry=0xaee010
<current_finish>,
    hold_quit=0x7fffffffa960) at xterm.c:6813
#3  0x00000000004c3a34 in event_handler_gdk (gxev=0x7fffffffa5a0,
ev=<optimized out>, data=<optimized out>) at xterm.c:5834
#4  0x00007ffff7543d52 in ?? () from /usr/lib64/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0
#5  0x00007ffff75454f8 in ?? () from /usr/lib64/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0
#6  0x00007ffff754557e in ?? () from /usr/lib64/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0
#7  0x00007ffff68c0883 in g_main_context_dispatch () from
/usr/lib64/libglib-2.0.so.0
#8  0x00007ffff68c0bc8 in ?? () from /usr/lib64/libglib-2.0.so.0
#9  0x00007ffff68c0c84 in g_main_context_iteration () from
/usr/lib64/libglib-2.0.so.0
#10 0x00007ffff78d7b81 in gtk_main_iteration () from
/usr/lib64/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
#11 0x00000000004bb102 in XTread_socket (terminal=0x104b4b0,
expected=10, hold_quit=0x7fffffffa960) at xterm.c:7187
#12 0x0000000000502328 in read_avail_input (expected=expected@entry=1)
at keyboard.c:6859
#13 0x0000000000502b7a in handle_async_input () at keyboard.c:7187
#14 0x0000000000501a49 in process_pending_signals () at keyboard.c:7203
#15 0x0000000000575f35 in internal_equal (o1=o1@entry=11979218,
o2=o2@entry=11979218, depth=depth@entry=0, props=props@entry=0) at
fns.c:2031
#16 0x00000000005760cd in Fequal (o1=o1@entry=11979218,
o2=o2@entry=11979218) at fns.c:2008
#17 0x000000000043d9f7 in display_mode_element
(it=it@entry=0x7fffffffad20, depth=4, depth@entry=2, field_width=0,
precision=precision@entry=-1, elt=12574977,
    props=props@entry=11979218, risky=1, risky@entry=0) at xdisp.c:20203
#18 0x000000000043f446 in display_mode_element
(it=it@entry=0x7fffffffad20, depth=2, depth@entry=0,
field_width=field_width@entry=-1, precision=precision@entry=-1,
    elt=<optimized out>, elt@entry=8713366, props=11979218,
risky=risky@entry=0) at xdisp.c:20567
#19 0x000000000043fa8e in x_consider_frame_title (frame=<optimized out>)
at xdisp.c:10974
#20 0x000000000043fbab in prepare_menu_bars () at xdisp.c:11031
#21 0x0000000000449a6e in redisplay_internal () at xdisp.c:12944
#22 0x000000000044bd13 in redisplay_preserve_echo_area
(from_where=<optimized out>) at xdisp.c:13556
#23 0x0000000000505692 in detect_input_pending_run_timers
(do_display=do_display@entry=1) at keyboard.c:10512
#24 0x00000000005af5d8 in wait_reading_process_output
(time_limit=time_limit@entry=30, microsecs=microsecs@entry=0,
read_kbd=read_kbd@entry=-1,
    do_display=do_display@entry=1, wait_for_cell=11979218,
wait_proc=wait_proc@entry=0x0, just_wait_proc=just_wait_proc@entry=0) at
process.c:4738
#25 0x00000000004208b0 in sit_for (timeout=timeout@entry=120,
reading=reading@entry=1, do_display=do_display@entry=1) at dispnew.c:6067
#26 0x0000000000507ae0 in read_char (commandflag=1, nmaps=nmaps@entry=9,
maps=maps@entry=0x7fffffffcf60, prev_event=11979218,
    used_mouse_menu=used_mouse_menu@entry=0x7fffffffd0b4,
end_time=end_time@entry=0x0) at keyboard.c:2692
#27 0x00000000005087ad in read_key_sequence
(keybuf=keybuf@entry=0x7fffffffd190, prompt=11979218,
dont_downcase_last=dont_downcase_last@entry=0,
    can_return_switch_frame=can_return_switch_frame@entry=1,
fix_current_buffer=fix_current_buffer@entry=1, bufsize=30) at
keyboard.c:9328
#28 0x000000000050a97c in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1449
#29 0x000000000056d621 in internal_condition_case
(bfun=bfun@entry=0x50a790 <command_loop_1>, handlers=12031506,
hfun=hfun@entry=0x4fff50 <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1514
#30 0x00000000004fab4e in command_loop_2 (ignore=ignore@entry=11979218)
at keyboard.c:1160
#31 0x000000000056d51b in internal_catch (tag=<optimized out>,
func=func@entry=0x4fab30 <command_loop_2>, arg=11979218) at eval.c:1271
#32 0x00000000004ffa67 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1139
#33 recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:759
#34 0x00000000004ffd6d in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:823
#35 0x0000000000415b8d in main (argc=<optimized out>,
argv=0x7fffffffd9b8) at emacs.c:1715
(gdb) c
Continuing.

Breakpoint 1, change_frame_size (f=0x104b4b0, newheight=10, newwidth=40,
pretend=0, delay=0, safe=1) at dispnew.c:5726
5726    in dispnew.c
(gdb) backtrace
#0  change_frame_size (f=0x104b4b0, newheight=10, newwidth=40,
pretend=0, delay=0, safe=1) at dispnew.c:5726
#1  0x00000000004205b0 in do_pending_window_change (safe=safe@entry=1)
at dispnew.c:5706
#2  0x0000000000449a0c in redisplay_internal () at xdisp.c:13501
#3  0x000000000044bd13 in redisplay_preserve_echo_area
(from_where=<optimized out>) at xdisp.c:13556
#4  0x0000000000505692 in detect_input_pending_run_timers
(do_display=do_display@entry=1) at keyboard.c:10512
#5  0x00000000005af5d8 in wait_reading_process_output
(time_limit=time_limit@entry=30, microsecs=microsecs@entry=0,
read_kbd=read_kbd@entry=-1,
    do_display=do_display@entry=1, wait_for_cell=11979218,
wait_proc=wait_proc@entry=0x0, just_wait_proc=just_wait_proc@entry=0) at
process.c:4738
#6  0x00000000004208b0 in sit_for (timeout=timeout@entry=120,
reading=reading@entry=1, do_display=do_display@entry=1) at dispnew.c:6067
#7  0x0000000000507ae0 in read_char (commandflag=1, nmaps=nmaps@entry=9,
maps=maps@entry=0x7fffffffcf60, prev_event=11979218,
    used_mouse_menu=used_mouse_menu@entry=0x7fffffffd0b4,
end_time=end_time@entry=0x0) at keyboard.c:2692
#8  0x00000000005087ad in read_key_sequence
(keybuf=keybuf@entry=0x7fffffffd190, prompt=11979218,
dont_downcase_last=dont_downcase_last@entry=0,
    can_return_switch_frame=can_return_switch_frame@entry=1,
fix_current_buffer=fix_current_buffer@entry=1, bufsize=30) at
keyboard.c:9328
#9  0x000000000050a97c in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1449
#10 0x000000000056d621 in internal_condition_case
(bfun=bfun@entry=0x50a790 <command_loop_1>, handlers=12031506,
hfun=hfun@entry=0x4fff50 <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1514
#11 0x00000000004fab4e in command_loop_2 (ignore=ignore@entry=11979218)
at keyboard.c:1160
#12 0x000000000056d51b in internal_catch (tag=<optimized out>,
func=func@entry=0x4fab30 <command_loop_2>, arg=11979218) at eval.c:1271
#13 0x00000000004ffa67 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1139
#14 recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:759
#15 0x00000000004ffd6d in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:823
#16 0x0000000000415b8d in main (argc=<optimized out>,
argv=0x7fffffffd9b8) at emacs.c:1715

Breakpoint 1, change_frame_size (f=f@entry=0x104b4b0,
newheight=newheight@entry=7, newwidth=newwidth@entry=40,
pretend=pretend@entry=0, delay=delay@entry=1,
    safe=safe@entry=0) at dispnew.c:5726
5726    in dispnew.c
(gdb) backtrace
#0  change_frame_size (f=f@entry=0x104b4b0, newheight=newheight@entry=7,
newwidth=newwidth@entry=40, pretend=pretend@entry=0,
delay=delay@entry=1, safe=safe@entry=0)
    at dispnew.c:5726
#1  0x00000000004ed1c8 in xg_frame_resized (f=0x104b4b0, pixelwidth=352,
pixelheight=105) at gtkutil.c:888
#2  0x00000000004c3056 in handle_one_xevent
(dpyinfo=dpyinfo@entry=0x101a3f0,
eventptr=eventptr@entry=0x7fffffffaf40, finish=finish@entry=0xaee010
<current_finish>,
    hold_quit=0x7fffffffb300) at xterm.c:6813
#3  0x00000000004c3a34 in event_handler_gdk (gxev=0x7fffffffaf40,
ev=<optimized out>, data=<optimized out>) at xterm.c:5834
#4  0x00007ffff7543d52 in ?? () from /usr/lib64/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0
#5  0x00007ffff75454f8 in ?? () from /usr/lib64/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0
#6  0x00007ffff754557e in ?? () from /usr/lib64/libgdk-x11-2.0.so.0
#7  0x00007ffff68c0883 in g_main_context_dispatch () from
/usr/lib64/libglib-2.0.so.0
#8  0x00007ffff68c0bc8 in ?? () from /usr/lib64/libglib-2.0.so.0
#9  0x00007ffff68c0c84 in g_main_context_iteration () from
/usr/lib64/libglib-2.0.so.0
#10 0x00007ffff78d7b81 in gtk_main_iteration () from
/usr/lib64/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
#11 0x00000000004bb102 in XTread_socket (terminal=0x104b4b0, expected=7,
hold_quit=0x7fffffffb300) at xterm.c:7187
#12 0x0000000000502328 in read_avail_input (expected=expected@entry=1)
at keyboard.c:6859
#13 0x0000000000502b7a in handle_async_input () at keyboard.c:7187
#14 0x0000000000501a49 in process_pending_signals () at keyboard.c:7203
#15 0x00000000005a7961 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>,
vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>,
args_template=<optimized out>, nargs=nargs@entry=0,
    args=<optimized out>, args@entry=0x0) at bytecode.c:621
#16 0x000000000056ede1 in funcall_lambda (fun=50942565,
nargs=nargs@entry=0, arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffb750) at
eval.c:3232
#17 0x000000000056f0fb in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=1,
args=args@entry=0x7fffffffb748) at eval.c:3062
#18 0x000000000057065c in Fapply (nargs=2, args=0x7fffffffb748) at
eval.c:2449
#19 0x000000000056f2df in Ffuncall (nargs=<optimized out>,
args=args@entry=0x7fffffffb740) at eval.c:2983
#20 0x00000000005a6713 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>,
vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>,
args_template=<optimized out>, nargs=<optimized out>,
    args=<optimized out>) at bytecode.c:785
#21 0x000000000056e7ed in eval_sub (form=form@entry=9999318) at eval.c:2355
#22 0x0000000000571e01 in internal_lisp_condition_case (var=11979218,
bodyform=9999318, handlers=8769638) at eval.c:1468
#23 0x00000000005a6d68 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>,
vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>,
args_template=<optimized out>, nargs=nargs@entry=0,
    args=<optimized out>, args@entry=0x0) at bytecode.c:981
#24 0x000000000056ede1 in funcall_lambda (fun=9999013,
nargs=nargs@entry=1, arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffbc48) at
eval.c:3232
#25 0x000000000056f0fb in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=2,
args=args@entry=0x7fffffffbc40) at eval.c:3062
#26 0x000000000056f43a in call1 (fn=<optimized out>,
arg1=arg1@entry=49827285) at eval.c:2770
#27 0x000000000050085d in timer_check_2 () at keyboard.c:4465
#28 timer_check () at keyboard.c:4511
#29 0x00000000005aeecb in wait_reading_process_output (time_limit=-1,
microsecs=0, read_kbd=read_kbd@entry=0, do_display=do_display@entry=0,
wait_for_cell=11979218,
    wait_proc=0x0, just_wait_proc=0) at process.c:4390
#30 0x00000000005b09f2 in Faccept_process_output (process=11979218,
seconds=<optimized out>, millisec=<optimized out>,
just_this_one=<optimized out>) at process.c:3999
#31 0x000000000056f247 in Ffuncall (nargs=<optimized out>,
args=args@entry=0x7fffffffc0c0) at eval.c:3012
#32 0x00000000005a6713 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>,
vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>,
args_template=<optimized out>, nargs=nargs@entry=0,
    args=<optimized out>, args@entry=0x0) at bytecode.c:785
#33 0x000000000056ede1 in funcall_lambda (fun=24073429,
nargs=nargs@entry=1, arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffc298) at
eval.c:3232
#34 0x000000000056f0fb in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=2,
args=args@entry=0x7fffffffc290) at eval.c:3062
#35 0x000000000056f43a in call1 (fn=fn@entry=24073429, arg1=<optimized
out>) at eval.c:2770
#36 0x00000000005772bd in mapcar1 (leni=1, vals=vals@entry=0x0,
fn=fn@entry=24073429, seq=seq@entry=24959830) at fns.c:2346
#37 0x000000000057a00f in Fmapc (function=24073429, sequence=24959830)
at fns.c:2434
#38 0x000000000056e801 in eval_sub (form=form@entry=23317142) at eval.c:2352
#39 0x000000000056d51b in internal_catch (tag=<optimized out>,
func=0x56e310 <eval_sub>, arg=23317142) at eval.c:1271
#40 0x00000000005a6daa in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>,
vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>,
args_template=<optimized out>, nargs=<optimized out>,
    args=<optimized out>) at bytecode.c:966
#41 0x000000000056e7ed in eval_sub (form=form@entry=23316342) at eval.c:2355
#42 0x0000000000571e01 in internal_lisp_condition_case (var=12347458,
bodyform=23316342, handlers=23316118) at eval.c:1468
#43 0x00000000005a6d68 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>,
vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>,
args_template=<optimized out>, nargs=nargs@entry=0,
    args=<optimized out>, args@entry=0x0) at bytecode.c:981
#44 0x000000000056ede1 in funcall_lambda (fun=23938325,
nargs=nargs@entry=0, arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffcac8) at
eval.c:3232
#45 0x000000000056f0fb in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x7fffffffcac0) at
eval.c:3062
#46 0x000000000056f389 in funcall_nil (nargs=<optimized out>,
args=<optimized out>) at eval.c:2518
#47 0x000000000056dc45 in run_hook_with_args (nargs=1,
args=0x7fffffffcac0, funcall=0x56f380 <funcall_nil>) at eval.c:2707
#48 0x000000000056dd86 in Frun_hooks (nargs=nargs@entry=1,
args=args@entry=0x7fffffffcb28) at eval.c:2545
#49 0x000000000053259e in Fdo_auto_save (no_message=11979218,
current_only=11979218) at fileio.c:5325
#50 0x0000000000507b29 in read_char (commandflag=1, nmaps=nmaps@entry=9,
maps=maps@entry=0x7fffffffcf60, prev_event=11979218,
    used_mouse_menu=used_mouse_menu@entry=0x7fffffffd0b4,
end_time=end_time@entry=0x0) at keyboard.c:2698
#51 0x00000000005087ad in read_key_sequence
(keybuf=keybuf@entry=0x7fffffffd190, prompt=11979218,
dont_downcase_last=dont_downcase_last@entry=0,
    can_return_switch_frame=can_return_switch_frame@entry=1,
fix_current_buffer=fix_current_buffer@entry=1, bufsize=30) at
keyboard.c:9328
#52 0x000000000050a97c in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1449
#53 0x000000000056d621 in internal_condition_case
(bfun=bfun@entry=0x50a790 <command_loop_1>, handlers=12031506,
hfun=hfun@entry=0x4fff50 <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1514
#54 0x00000000004fab4e in command_loop_2 (ignore=ignore@entry=11979218)
at keyboard.c:1160
#55 0x000000000056d51b in internal_catch (tag=<optimized out>,
func=func@entry=0x4fab30 <command_loop_2>, arg=11979218) at eval.c:1271
#56 0x00000000004ffa67 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1139
---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---
#57 recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:759
#58 0x00000000004ffd6d in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:823
#59 0x0000000000415b8d in main (argc=<optimized out>,
argv=0x7fffffffd9b8) at emacs.c:1715
(gdb) c
Continuing.

Breakpoint 1, change_frame_size (f=0x104b4b0, newheight=7, newwidth=40,
pretend=0, delay=0, safe=0) at dispnew.c:5726
5726    in dispnew.c
(gdb) backtrace
#0  change_frame_size (f=0x104b4b0, newheight=7, newwidth=40, pretend=0,
delay=0, safe=0) at dispnew.c:5726
#1  0x00000000004205b0 in do_pending_window_change (safe=safe@entry=0)
at dispnew.c:5706
#2  0x00000000005af561 in wait_reading_process_output (time_limit=-1,
microsecs=0, read_kbd=read_kbd@entry=0, do_display=do_display@entry=0,
wait_for_cell=11979218,
    wait_proc=0x0, just_wait_proc=0) at process.c:4678
#3  0x00000000005b09f2 in Faccept_process_output (process=11979218,
seconds=<optimized out>, millisec=<optimized out>,
just_this_one=<optimized out>) at process.c:3999
#4  0x000000000056f247 in Ffuncall (nargs=<optimized out>,
args=args@entry=0x7fffffffc0c0) at eval.c:3012
#5  0x00000000005a6713 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>,
vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>,
args_template=<optimized out>, nargs=nargs@entry=0,
    args=<optimized out>, args@entry=0x0) at bytecode.c:785
#6  0x000000000056ede1 in funcall_lambda (fun=24073429,
nargs=nargs@entry=1, arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffc298) at
eval.c:3232
#7  0x000000000056f0fb in Ffuncall (nargs=nargs@entry=2,
args=args@entry=0x7fffffffc290) at eval.c:3062
#8  0x000000000056f43a in call1 (fn=fn@entry=24073429, arg1=<optimized
out>) at eval.c:2770
#9  0x00000000005772bd in mapcar1 (leni=1, vals=vals@entry=0x0,
fn=fn@entry=24073429, seq=seq@entry=24959830) at fns.c:2346
#10 0x000000000057a00f in Fmapc (function=24073429, sequence=24959830)
at fns.c:2434
#11 0x000000000056e801 in eval_sub (form=form@entry=23317142) at eval.c:2352
#12 0x000000000056d51b in internal_catch (tag=<optimized out>,
func=0x56e310 <eval_sub>, arg=23317142) at eval.c:1271
#13 0x00000000005a6daa in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>,
vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>,
args_template=<optimized out>, nargs=<optimized out>,
    args=<optimized out>) at bytecode.c:966
#14 0x000000000056e7ed in eval_sub (form=form@entry=23316342) at eval.c:2355
#15 0x0000000000571e01 in internal_lisp_condition_case (var=12347458,
bodyform=23316342, handlers=23316118) at eval.c:1468
#16 0x00000000005a6d68 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=<optimized out>,
vector=<optimized out>, maxdepth=<optimized out>,
args_template=<optimized out>, nargs=nargs@entry=0,
    args=<optimized out>, args@entry=0x0) at bytecode.c:981
#17 0x000000000056ede1 in funcall_lambda (fun=23938325,
nargs=nargs@entry=0, arg_vector=arg_vector@entry=0x7fffffffcac8) at
eval.c:3232
#18 0x000000000056f0fb in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x7fffffffcac0) at
eval.c:3062
#19 0x000000000056f389 in funcall_nil (nargs=<optimized out>,
args=<optimized out>) at eval.c:2518
#20 0x000000000056dc45 in run_hook_with_args (nargs=1,
args=0x7fffffffcac0, funcall=0x56f380 <funcall_nil>) at eval.c:2707
#21 0x000000000056dd86 in Frun_hooks (nargs=nargs@entry=1,
args=args@entry=0x7fffffffcb28) at eval.c:2545
#22 0x000000000053259e in Fdo_auto_save (no_message=11979218,
current_only=11979218) at fileio.c:5325
#23 0x0000000000507b29 in read_char (commandflag=1, nmaps=nmaps@entry=9,
maps=maps@entry=0x7fffffffcf60, prev_event=11979218,
    used_mouse_menu=used_mouse_menu@entry=0x7fffffffd0b4,
end_time=end_time@entry=0x0) at keyboard.c:2698
#24 0x00000000005087ad in read_key_sequence
(keybuf=keybuf@entry=0x7fffffffd190, prompt=11979218,
dont_downcase_last=dont_downcase_last@entry=0,
    can_return_switch_frame=can_return_switch_frame@entry=1,
fix_current_buffer=fix_current_buffer@entry=1, bufsize=30) at
keyboard.c:9328
#25 0x000000000050a97c in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1449
#26 0x000000000056d621 in internal_condition_case
(bfun=bfun@entry=0x50a790 <command_loop_1>, handlers=12031506,
hfun=hfun@entry=0x4fff50 <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1514
#27 0x00000000004fab4e in command_loop_2 (ignore=ignore@entry=11979218)
at keyboard.c:1160
#28 0x000000000056d51b in internal_catch (tag=<optimized out>,
func=func@entry=0x4fab30 <command_loop_2>, arg=11979218) at eval.c:1271
#29 0x00000000004ffa67 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1139
#30 recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:759
#31 0x00000000004ffd6d in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:823
#32 0x0000000000415b8d in main (argc=<optimized out>,
argv=0x7fffffffd9b8) at emacs.c:1715

Do they help you?

Best wishes,
Arne
-- 
Doktorand
Gruppe: GHG

Raum: 435/410
Tel.: +49 721 608-22885
[email-masked]

Karlsruher Institut für Technologie
IMK-ASF
Postfach 36 40
76021 Karlsruhe