Subject: bug#13466: find-file-noselect scrolls current buffer

From: Michael Brand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 19:44:28 +0100

Hi Stefan

Thank you for looking into this.

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 12:10 AM, Stefan Monnier
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> The problem is end-of-buffer, which affects the selected-window, even if
> it does not display the current-buffer.  Of course, its docstring says
> not to use it from Lisp,

Interesting. I didn’t consider reading the docstring of
end-of-buffer...

> so we could argue it's not quite a bug.

Agreed, please close this “bug”.

> I.e. use
>   M-: (add-hook 'text-mode-hook (lambda () (goto-char (point-max))))

Yes, done. It uncovers an issue which I prefer to address on
[email-masked]:
“Follow link scrolls current buffer when table aligns”
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-01/msg00700.html

Michael