Subject: bug#13460: Issue to change dictionary when using hunspell on emacs

From: Agustin Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 20:05:41 +0100

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 07:03:34PM +0100, Jochen Schmitt wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 06:05:01PM +0100, Agustin Martin wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 08:30:29PM +0100, Agustin Martin wrote:
> > There are a couple of minor things I would like to think about first.
> > 
> > Current changes explicitly set "english" to one of the two main choices
> > ("en_GB"). This  is not something I like very much and I am aware that
> > people is sensitive about this. I'd prefer to associate it with plain "en",
> >
> 
> I have find out, that hunspell wiel accecpt -d en_GB,en_US as
> an parameter, so this issue may be fixed.

Thanks for the info.

I am not native English, so I am a bit unsure that this is the desired
behavior, people may get puzzled by "english" accepting simultaneously
"center/centre", "colour/color" and friends. What native English people
think about this?

There is also the fact that first dict in that list must always be installed,
otherwise we get the dict not found error. In most setups both dicts are
installed, so this should not be a big problem, but I'd put first the most
popular, en_US.

> > I will test these changes a bit more and if no problems appear will commit
> > early next week. Feedback is welcome.
> >
> I will be happy, if you can notifiy me about the state of your work, 
> because I want that this patch may be integrated in the official
> emacs package of Fedora Linux. This is important from my point of
> view, because hunspell is the default spell checking application
> in Fedora.

Once I commit changes I will close the bug report and you will receive a
message about it. If you want the final diff I can attach it to the closing
message.

Regards,

-- 
Agustin