Subject: 24.2.92; `electirc-indent-mode' isn't compatible with `org-footnote-action'

From: Xue Fuqiao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 12:20:53 +0800

This bug report will be sent to the Bug-GNU-Emacs mailing list
and the GNU bug tracker at debbugs.gnu.org.  Please check that
the From: line contains a valid email address.  After a delay of up
to one day, you should receive an acknowledgment at that address.

Please write in English if possible, as the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators for other languages.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug, and
the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give a recipe
starting from `emacs -Q':

I don't know where it should be post (bug-gnu-emacs or emacs-orgmode), so I'll post it on both of them.

To reproduce:

emacs -Q test.org
M-x electric-indent-mode RET
TAB
C-e C-c C-x f

The `* footnotes' should be in the left margin.

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2.92/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.92.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.13)
 of 2013-01-16 on Emacs
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11300000
System Description:	Ubuntu 12.10

Configured using:
 `configure '--enable-link-time-optimization''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  electric-indent-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<menu> o r g - m o <tab> <return> <menu> e l e - i 
n d <tab> <return> * SPC o n e <C-return> t o w <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> t w o C-p C-p C-c C-x f <menu> 
r e - e m - b u g <tab> <return> C-g C-h f C-g C-h 
k C-c C-x f C-x C-g <menu> r e - e m - b u g <tab> 
<return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
OVERVIEW
Electric-Indent mode enabled
Edit definition and go back with `C-c &' or, if unique, with `C-c C-c'.
Quit [2 times]
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window, C-M-v to scroll help.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr help-mode emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils cus-start cus-load electric org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail
org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp
org-exp-blocks org-agenda org-info org-gnus gnus-util org-docview
org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org byte-opt warnings bytecomp byte-compile
cconv advice help-fns cl-lib advice-preload ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys org-pcomplete pcomplete
comint ansi-color ring org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob org-compat org-macs ob-eval
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu easymenu calendar
cal-loaddefs time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)
-- 
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/XueFuqiao