Subject: 24.2.91; profiler.el: missing documentation, menu stuff etc

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 02:50:35 +0100

Hi Emacs,

somebody should please take care of some simple things missing, e.g.

(1) Add the main commands to the Emacs-Lisp -> Profiling menu
  (presumably into a new submenu), so that people can find it.

(2) Missing commentary header.  At least say that it's documented in the
  elisp manual.

(3) "If a given line has a `+' symbol at the left-hand side, you can
expand that line by typing <RET>, in order to see the function(s) called
by the higher-level function.  Pressing <RET> again will collapse back
to the original state."

Why not make mouse-1 do this, too?

(4) Add a menu for the profiler report.

This is all not urgent, but should be done some day.

Regards,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.91.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2012-12-30 on drachen
Bzr revision: [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 (wheezy)

Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/usr/local/built/''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: de_DE.utf8
  value of $LC_TIME: C
  value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t