Subject: Re: bug#13453: comm

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 17:07:01 -0700

tag 13453 notabug
thanks

On 01/15/2013 03:37 PM, Dennis Miller wrote:
> Hello there,
> Not really a bug per se,

Still, by sending a message to bug-coreutils, you've opened a bug track
id.  That is okay for feature requests (a new feature request is
arguably a bug of a missing functionality); but if you don't need to
spawn a bug id, then sending mail to [email-masked] is better.

> but a nice feature would be if a check was done to just sort the given files before hand.

What version of coreutils are you using?  This functionality is already
present in modern coreutils - by default, comm warns you if it gets
confused because the file is not in sorted order; comm --check-order
warns you in even more situations; and comm --nocheck-order silences the
default check.

> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.

Unfortunately, this mail is now publicly archived, rendering this
disclaimer unenforceable.  It is considered poor netiquette to tack on
your employer's disclaimers to public lists, and we recommend using
personal email accounts to avoid the problem.

-- 
Eric Blake   eblake redhat com    +1-919-301-3266
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org