Subject: 24.3.50; doc of `window-persistent-parameters' and window parameters generally

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 10:36:57 -0800

I'm looking for information about window configurations and what
gets saved/restored etc.
 
I do `C-h v window-persistent-parameters', and I see that the current
value, which is apparently the default, is ((clone-of . t)).
 
Naturally, I want to know what this means, so I read the rest of the
*Help* buffer.  Nada.  Well, the `t' is explained, but not the
`clone-of'.  Not very helpful help.
 
So I search the Elisp manual.  I come across nodes `Window
Configurations' and `Window Parameters'.  The latter, in particular,
seems like it should list the possible parameters, including `clone-of',
which is the parameter saved in a window config by default.
 
Nada.  Again, the CDR of `window-persistent-parameters' is described
(possible values nil, t, writable), but nothing about the CAR - its
possible values.  Again, not very helpful help.
 
Please document the possible values for the CAR, at least the most
common ones, and at the very least `clone-of', which is apparently the
only one saved/restored by default (at least on MS Windows).

Please describe the window parameters: what they are, what behaviors they
affect, and how.  Describing a window configuration as a saved set of window
parameters is not very useful if one cannot find out what the parameters are or
what they do.
 
In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-12-31 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 111388 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -IC:/Devel/emacs/build/include --ldflags -LC:/Devel/emacs/build/lib'