Subject: bug#13449: closed (Re: bug#13449: 24.3.50; Perl mode composed symbols not visible)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 18:56:05 +0000

Your bug report

#13449: 24.3.50; Perl mode composed symbols not visible

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
13449: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13449
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#13449: 24.3.50; Perl mode composed symbols not visible
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 20:55:18 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 10:08:50 +0000
> From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
> 
> > So can we close this bug?
> 
> I should think so, yes. Not an Emacs bug.

Great, closing.

> Only tangentially related: would it be reasonable to mention
> `perl-prettify-symbols' in NEWS?

I guess so, but since I don't use Perl mode, I will defer to someone
who does to do that.

Thanks.

Subject: 24.3.50; Perl mode composed symbols not visible
From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 10:17:38 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When I visit a Perl source file from `emacs -Q', the Unicode
replacements for `=>' and "::" are not visible (they appear the same as
a single space character would). The `->' character is not
affected. This happens on Windows XP. I think it does not happen on
Windows 8 or Linux (but I will check when I get the chance). Doing "M-x
set-variable perl-prettify-symbols RET nil RET" (or using
customize-variable) doesn't cause the character(s) to redisplay
differently (even if I kill the buffer and visit the file again), but if
I do (setq perl-prettify-symbols nil) from `emacs -Q' and then visit
the Perl source file, the non-prettified versions are visible.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-11-12 on 57172UHB
Bzr revision: 110872
[email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --enable-checking --cflags
 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -L c:/gnuwin32/lib -I c:/gnuwin32/include'

Important settings:
  value of $EMACSDATA: c:/Emacs/emacs-110872/etc
  value of $EMACSDOC: c:/Emacs/emacs-110872/etc
  value of $EMACSLOADPATH:
c:/Emacs/emacs-110872/site-lisp;c:/Emacs/emacs-110872/../site-lisp;c:/Emacs/emacs-110872/lisp;c:/Emacs/emacs-110872/leim
  value of $EMACSPATH: c:/Emacs/emacs-110872/bin
  value of $LANG: ENG
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Perl

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x s e t SPC v a r i a b l e <return> p e r l - p
r e t t i f y - s y m b o l s <return> n i l <return>
C-x k <return> C-x C-f b u i l d . p l <return> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> C-x = M-x r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u g
<return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Char: = (61, #o75, #x3d) point=388 of 13354 (3%) column=34

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils cus-edit easymenu cus-start cus-load wid-edit
help-fns perl-mode time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process w32 multi-tty
emacs)