Subject: 24.3.50; OS X Mountain Lion Fullscreen Broken Toolbar Behaviour

From: J Irving <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 18:29:11 -0500

In fullscreen mode, when the toolbar is disabled, there is space
visible outside the Emacs frame.

Secondly, if I disable the toolbar in regular non-fullscreen mode, and
then go to fullscreen mode, the toolbar returns. Doing M-x
ns-toggle-toolbar reports that it has now been *enabled* and nothing
changes visibly. A second invocation causes the toolbar to be removed,
but adds a lot of space at the bottom of the screen.

Some screen captures...

- Hit fullscreen after disabling the toolbar:
    http://d.pr/i/NMHx

- Disable the toolbar (2 x M-x ns-toggle-toolbar):
    http://d.pr/i/56bx

- Enable the toolbar again:
    http://d.pr/i/hHQi

- Note that the last action causes the mini-buffer to disappear but not
  completely:
    http://d.pr/i/6AzD

I have also noticed that the space at the top of the frame but under the
toolbar is covered by the toolbar when I move my mouse cursor to the top
of the screen and cause the OS X menu bar to appear. This pushes the
emacs toolbar down. I hope this extra space is not by design! I would
like to use the full screen for text in fullscreen mode.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.36)
of 2013-01-14 on bob.porkrind.org
Bzr revision: 111517 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1187
Configured using:
`configure --host=x86_64-apple-darwin --build=i686-apple-darwin
--with-ns'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_CA.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x n s - t o g g l e - t o o l b a r <return> M-x 
n s - t o g g l e t <backspace> <backspace> e - t o 
o l b a r <return> M-x <up> <return> M-x <up> <return> 
M-x <up> <return> M-x <up> <return> M-x <up> <return> 
M-x n s - t o g g l e - = t o <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> t o o l b a r <return> M-# <right> <left> 
<down> M-x n s - t o g g l e - t o o l b a r <return> 
M-x n s - t o <up> <return> M-x <help-echo> C-g M-x 
n s - <up> <return> M-x <up> <return> <help-echo> M-x 
<escape> C-g <help-echo> M-x C-g M-x <up> <return> 
M-x <up> <return> M-x <up> <return> <help-echo> M-x 
r e p o r t <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> r e p o r t - e m a c s - b 
u g <return>

Recent messages:
You can run the command `ns-toggle-toolbar' with <ns-toggle-toolbar> [8 times]
call-interactively: End of buffer
You can run the command `ns-toggle-toolbar' with <ns-toggle-toolbar> [2 times]
Quit
You can run the command `ns-toggle-toolbar' with <ns-toggle-toolbar> [2 times]
completing-read-default: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in minibuffer
Quit
You can run the command `ns-toggle-toolbar' with <ns-toggle-toolbar> [3 times]
user-error: Beginning of history; no preceding item
user-error: End of history; no default available

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)