Subject: bug#13434: 24.3.50; Replying to an HTML email yields "Text is read-only"

From: Torsten Bronger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 17:17:52 +0100

Hallöchen!

Stefan Monnier writes:

>> Sorry, setting debug-on-error doesn't change Emacs' behaviour.  I
>> see no debugger and no backtrace.  At least, there was no buffer
>> with such a name or something similar.
>
> It's probably caught by debug-ignored-errors.
> Try to additionally do M-: (setq debug-ignored-errors nil) RET before
> reproducing the bug.

Yes, this was it.  Here is the result:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (text-read-only)
  erase-buffer()
  gnus-copy-article-buffer()
  gnus-post-news(nil "nnml:KFA" [14582 #("Einladung: Telekon Marl-Jülich (23 Jan 15:00 CET)" 0 49 (charset windows-1252)) "paul.woebkenberg@***" "Fri, 18 Jan 2013 10:43:04 +0100" "<5764054.113668.1358502196387.JavaMail.trustmail@seem-ap1>" "" 85896 1807 "wilson KFA:14582" ((To . "[email-masked], r.carius@***, s.muthmann@***") (Cc . "odo.***@***"))] "*Article nnml:KFA*" (14582) nil nil)
  gnus-summary-followup((14582) nil)
  gnus-summary-followup-with-original(nil)
  call-interactively(gnus-summary-followup-with-original nil nil)

I replaced some confidential data with "***".

Tschö,
Torsten.

-- 
Torsten Bronger    Jabber ID: [email-masked]
                                  or http://bronger-jmp.appspot.com