Subject: bug#13434: 24.3.50; Replying to an HTML email yields "Text is read-only"

From: Torsten Bronger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 11:47:02 +0100

Hallöchen!

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen writes:

> Torsten Bronger <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> If I open an HTML message in Gnus and try to reply to it (with F or R),
>> the modeline says "Text is read-only", and the action is aborted.
>
> `(setq debug-on-error t)', repeat the bug and post the resulting
> backtrace.

Sorry, setting debug-on-error doesn't change Emacs' behaviour.  I
see no debugger and no backtrace.  At least, there was no buffer
with such a name or something similar.

FWIW, this error does not occur in console mode (i.e. no X).

And, once happend, I cannot reply to *any* email without seeing this
error.  I have to close Gnus and open it again.

Tschö,
Torsten.

-- 
Torsten Bronger    Jabber ID: [email-masked]
                                  or http://bronger-jmp.appspot.com