Subject: Re: bug#13430: 24.2.92; Fatal error at startup

From: Alejandro Benitez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 18:32:56 -0300

alejandro@alejandro-desktop:~$ strace -e file emacs -Q 2>&1 | grep simple
stat("/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2.92/lisp/simple.elc", 0x7fff361ee320) = -1
EACCES (Permission denied)
stat("/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2.92/lisp/simple.elc.gz", 0x7fff361ee320) =
-1 EACCES (Permission denied)
stat("/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2.92/lisp/simple.el", 0x7fff361ee320) = -1
EACCES (Permission denied)
stat("/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2.92/lisp/simple.el.gz", 0x7fff361ee320) =
-1 EACCES (Permission denied)
stat("/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2.92/leim/simple.elc", 0x7fff361ee320) = -1
ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2.92/leim/simple.elc.gz", 0x7fff361ee320) =
-1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2.92/leim/simple.el", 0x7fff361ee320) = -1
ENOENT (No such file or directory)
stat("/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2.92/leim/simple.el.gz", 0x7fff361ee320) =
-1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
Warning: Could not find simple.el nor simple.elc
alejandro@alejandro-desktop:~$

2013/1/15 Wolfgang Jenkner <[email-masked]>

> On Mon, Jan 14 2013, Alejandro Benitez wrote:
>
> > alejandro@alejandro-desktop:~$ emacs -Q
> > Warning: Could not find simple.el nor simple.elc
>
> Where is emacs searching for those files? Could you try
>
> strace -e file emacs -Q 2>&1 | grep simple
>
> Wolfgang
>