Subject: Re: bug#13430: 24.2.92; Fatal error at startup

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 20:52:42 -0500

Alejandro Benitez wrote:

>> If not, can you recompile Emacs with debugging (CFLAGS="-O0 -g3"), run
>> it under gdb, and print the result of "bt full" from the crash?
> See attachment.

Thanks.

#1  0x000000000051c651 in terminate_due_to_signal (
    sig=6, backtrace_limit=10) at emacs.c:344
No locals.
#2  0x000000000054147e in emacs_abort ()
    at sysdep.c:2133
No locals.
#3  0x00000000004d70b4 in bidi_initialize ()
    at bidi.c:765
No locals.

So this is bug#11634, 11769, 11668 again.

I really don't know why your Emacs cannot find its own files.
We already established that EMACSLOADPATH is empty, and you are not
passing --enable-locallisppath to configure.

Anyone?

Semi-related comments:

1) Should the failure to find simple.el in command-line now be a fatal
error, since Emacs is going to go on to abort due to failure to find
required bidi data files?

2) Please can we have a more useful emacs_abort (), one that takes a
string describing the error as argument and prints it to stderr before
aborting.