Subject: Re: bug#13414: [Werner Koch] Re: [pkg-gnupg-maint] Bug#814951: libassuan: add libassuan-mingw-w64-dev for cross-building to Windows targets

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2016 08:23:14 +0100

On Mon 2016-02-22 22:03:49 +0100, Peter Rosin wrote:
> The libtool patch from https://debbugs.gnu.org/13414 is better than the
> debian patch from https://bugs.debian.org/814951 in every aspect that I
> can see and should indeed help.
>
> For reference, the libtool patch was committed here
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libtool.git/commit/?id=a5a4944fbb2bbd
>
> (three years old, released one year ago in 2.4.3)

It sounds like you're saying that the libtool patch should already be
committed and running effectively in libtool 2.4.3 or later.

however, debian had libtool 2.4.2-1.11 up until 2016-02-07, when
2.4.6-0.1 entered debian.  But Andreas's bug report of FTBFS on unstable
[0] came 12 days after 2.4.6 entered unstable and 6 days after 2.4.6
transitioned to testing [1].  So something in the libtool upstream
changes either didn't have the desired effect, or something else is
wrong in debian that i'm unaware of.

for now, i've gone ahead with the simple patch (moving EXPORTS to the
first line of the file) for libassuan, but i'll be happy to drop that
patch when libtool is effectively fixed :)

      --dkg

[0] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=814954#10
[1] https://packages.qa.debian.org/libt/libtool/news/20160213T163908Z.html