Subject: bug#13414: Valid DLL def file mangled by libtool

From: Erik van Pienbroek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 19:45:52 +0100

Erik van Pienbroek schreef op zo 20-01-2013 om 15:54 [+0100]:
> Peter Rosin schreef op zo 20-01-2013 om 08:32 [+0100]:
> > But I will hold off the push a couple of days pending feedback from
> > those actually using .def files for real things.
> 
> Thanks for the patch. To help out with testing I can perform a test mass
> rebuild of all mingw packages which are currently in Fedora (about 135)
> against a libtool package which contains this patch. With this mass
> rebuild we can at least find out whether the patch introduces
> regressions or not. Running such a test mass rebuild will take about 36
> hours to complete, so I'll give an update in about 2 days.

Hi,

The test mass rebuild of all Fedora MinGW packages against the latest
libtool with the proposed patches was successful. The packages which
required workarounds in order to get built can now be built without
these workarounds, so the original issue is resolved with the proposed
patches. All other packages were rebuilt successfully as well, so from
my point of view I'm +1 to the proposed patches.

Regards,

Erik van Pienbroek
Fedora MinGW SIG