Subject: bug#13402: 24.2.92 pretest: bugs in isearch-yank-line in info page. [Patch]

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:55:02 +0000

Hi, Juri.

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 12:10:45PM +0200, Juri Linkov wrote:
> >> Here is a patch for this change:

> > Thanks, I'll test your patch now.

> I noticed one problem: going to the next match with `C-s'
> (isearch-repeat-forward) doesn't lazy-highlight the previous match
> that was unhighlighted.  The previous match needs to be re-highlighted
> and the next match unhighlighted.

OK.  Sorry I didn't spot this.

> But this requires performing the complete round of lazy-highlighting
> all of lazy-matches on every `C-s' key press that will cause
> significant slow down in lazy-highlighting because it will remove the
> current optimization where `C-s' doesn't cause re-highlighting of
> lazy-matches most of the time (when there is no scrolling or toggling
> of search parameters).

Not necessarily.  Another approach, which I'm going to try, is to create
the "lazy" overlay for the current match, but not to give it the face
property.  On C-s, that overlay can get its face, and the overlay for
the current match can lose its "lazy face".  That way, each match will
have exactly one isearch overlay face active.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).