Subject: Re: bug#13402: 24.2.92 pretest: bugs in isearch-yank-line in info page. [Patch]

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 09:47:10 +0200

> This wrong highlighting is a regression, introduced when a space in a
> normal isearch was made to match any sequence of WS characters.

Actually this is not a regression.  You can see the same in Emacs 23.1
and earlier versions.

emacs -Q
C-u C-h i
Enter path/to/elisp.info <CR>
g Syntax Table Internals
Place point at the start of the second paragraph ("Each entry in a
....").  Attempt C-M-s C-y (isearch-yank-line).

The difference is that in Emacs 23.1 it was observable in regexp isearch
and now in non-regexp normal isearch.

> The solution I propose is NOT to lazy-highlight when the LH region
> overlaps with the current match.
>
> Here is a patch for this change:

Thanks, I'll test your patch now.  Sometimes I've seen lazy-highlighting
under point when the current match was not highlighted.  I'll try
to recall such test cases (probably occurs when switching to word mode).