Subject: bug#13401: 24.2.92; Mail mode in Emacs FAQ

From: Xue Fuqiao <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 20:40:14 +0800

This bug report will be sent to the Bug-GNU-Emacs mailing list
and the GNU bug tracker at debbugs.gnu.org.  Please check that
the From: line contains a valid email address.  After a delay of up
to one day, you should receive an acknowledgment at that address.

Please write in English if possible, as the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators for other languages.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug, and
the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give a recipe
starting from `emacs -Q':

In (info "(efaq) Saving a copy of outgoing mail"), there is an
expression:
(setq mail-archive-file-name (expand-file-name "~/outgoing"))

I think this expression is better:
(setq mail-default-headers "FCC: ~/outgoing")

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2.92/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.92.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.13)
 of 2013-01-10 on Emacs
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11300000
System Description:	Ubuntu 12.10

Configured using:
 `configure '--with-wide-int' '--enable-link-time-optimization''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  global-ede-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent input:
k <return> C-x 0 C-n C-SPC C-n C-n M-w <menu> r e - 
b u - <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <tab> <backspace> 
<backspace> e p <tab> o r <tab> <return> m a i l <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> ` m a i l - b u 
<backspace> <backspace> d e f a u l <backspace> l t 
- h e a d e r s ' SPC d o e s n ' t SPC w o r k <return> 
C-y C-p C-p C-p C-n <return> C-p A f t e r SPC I S-SPC 
e v a l l e d <M-backspace> e v a l u a t e d SPC t 
h i s SPC e x p <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
s e x p : C-n C-d C-d C-d C-d C-d C-d C-d C-d C-d C-d 
C-d C-e <return> <return> I SPC u s e <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <menu> ! e m <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
C-g q M-! e m a c s SPC - Q <return> C-p C-p C-p C-x 
k C-g q C-x b <return> C-x m C-x k <return> C-x 1 C-x 
b <return> C-x k <return> y e s <return> C-x m C-x 
k <return> C-x o C-x k <return> C-x 0 C-h C-f C-s m 
a i l - a r c h i v e C-s <return> u p u M-< SPC C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-p <return> C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n <return> C-x b 
C-g q C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p <menu> r e - e m - 
<tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Entering debugger...
Back to top level.
OVERVIEW
Mark set
OVERVIEW
Mark set
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Entering debugger...
Back to top level.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail cus-edit message rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader jka-compr info
misearch multi-isearch shell browse-url url-handlers ffap debug
help-mode view ede/cpp-root ede/emacs flyspell ispell eldoc org-wl
org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs
org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-agenda org-info org-gnus
org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys org-pcomplete pcomplete
comint ansi-color ring org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob org-compat org-macs ob-eval
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func disp-table saveplace uniquify
warnings advice help-fns advice-preload whitespace hl-line ede/speedbar
ede/files ede ede/base gv ede/auto ede/source eieio-base eieio-speedbar
speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe eieio-custom wid-edit cedet electric
time delsel cus-start cus-load cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai
cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs xfq-backup xfq-ido ido xfq-org xfq-abbrev
xfq-minor-modes glasses savehist paren xfq-debug xfq-elisp xfq-server
server xfq-require elp hideshow easymenu url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util
url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
gnus-util time-date mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars mailcap
dired ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult
ediff-init ediff bmi cl-lib xfq-packages package tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/XueFuqiao