Subject: bug#13399: 24.3.50; Word-wrap can't wrap at zero-width space U-200B

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 17:37:57 +0100

> fit-window-to-buffer should probably call pos-visible-in-window-p with
 > argument PARTIALLY non-nil, and then it should be possible to get rid
 > of the loop.

But PARTIALLY nil means to return nil if the position is only partially
visible.  And in this case `fit-window-to-buffer' should try to enlarge
the window.

 > I think what you see only happens when the last line is partially
 > visible (where "partially" might mean just one of its pixels).  If
 > that is not desirable, then we will need to be more accurate when we
 > say "visible" and have a more precise definition of what exactly
 > constitutes a window's height when a single line, in particular the
 > last one, might have characters of different descent values.
 >
 > In any case, this is a failure in fit-window-to-buffer, if anything,
 > it is not necessarily an evidence that move_it_* functions fail.

Maybe.  I now call `count-screen-lines' with COUNT-FINAL-NEWLINE t and
this seems to work although I'm quite sure that it didn't work earlier.
I think for the moment I'll just add a COUNT-FINAL-NEWLINE argument to
`fit-window-to-buffer' and see whether it works.

martin