Subject: bug#13393: 24.2.91; About `interactive'

From: Xue Fuqiao <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 16:34:52 +0800

This bug report will be sent to the Bug-GNU-Emacs mailing list
and the GNU bug tracker at debbugs.gnu.org.  Please check that
the From: line contains a valid email address.  After a delay of up
to one day, you should receive an acknowledgment at that address.

Please write in English if possible, as the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators for other languages.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug, and
the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give a recipe
starting from `emacs -Q':

In (info "(elisp) Interactive Codes"), the documentation of interactive
code `S' is:

`S'
     An interned symbol whose name is read in the minibuffer.  Any
     whitespace character terminates the input.  (Use `C-q' to include
     whitespace in the string.)  Other characters that normally
     terminate a symbol (e.g., parentheses and brackets) do not do so
     here.  Prompt.

But I tried (interactive "S") in the *scratch* buffer, and then input
some whitespace characters, these characters doesn't terminates the input.

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2.91/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.91.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.13)
 of 2013-01-06 on Emacs
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11300000
System Description:	Ubuntu 12.10

Configured using:
 `configure '--with-wide-int' '--enable-link-time-optimization''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  global-ede-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent input:
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> C-x 
b <return> <backspace> C-b C-b <backspace> N C-e C-x 
C-e 3 <backspace> u <return> 3 <return> C-x b <return> 
C-l <tab> <return> l C-a <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> C-x b <return> C-b 
C-b <backspace> P C-e C-x C-e C-u 3 C-x C-e <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> C-x b <return> C-x b <return> 
C-b C-b <backspace> P C-e C-u e <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> C-x b <return> C-x b <return> 
C-x b <return> C-l <S-iso-lefttab> <return> SPC l C-a 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> C-l 
<down> <down> C-x r m e l i s p <return> C-r a r b 
i t C-r C-s C-s <return> C-a <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> C-x b <return> C-b C-b <backspace> M C-e C-x 
C-e u <return> C-\ C-x C-e o e n u t h SPC C-g q C-b 
C-b <backspace> s C-e C-x C-e e n o t u h <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
C-g q C-\ C-x b <return> <down> <down> C-l C-x b <return> 
C-b C-b <backspace> S C-e C-x C-e SPC <tab> <tab> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<tab> <tab> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
q C-x b <return> <up> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> C-l C-x b <return> C-x C-e SPC <return> C-x 
C-e o n e u h SPC SPC n o e t u h SPC n t o e SPC u 
n o <return> C-x b <return> C-h f i n t e r <tab> a 
c <tab> <return> C-x o SPC SPC SPC C-x 0 C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p <help-echo> <menu> r e <tab> p o r <tab> 
<return>

Recent messages:
Entering debugger...
Back to top level.
delete-backward-char: Beginning of buffer [5 times]
Entering debugger...
Back to top level.
(\ )
(oneuh\ \ noetuh\ ntoe\ uno)
Making completion list...
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window, C-M-v to scroll help.
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils quail jka-compr info
bookmark pp help-mode debug misearch multi-isearch ede/cpp-root
ede/emacs flyspell ispell eldoc org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe
org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp
org-exp-blocks org-agenda org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex
bibtex org-bbdb org ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote
org-src ob-comint ob-keys org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color ring
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob org-compat org-macs ob-eval org-loaddefs format-spec
find-func disp-table saveplace uniquify warnings advice help-fns
advice-preload whitespace hl-line ede/speedbar ede/files ede ede/base gv
ede/auto ede/source eieio-base eieio-speedbar speedbar sb-image ezimage
dframe eieio-custom wid-edit cedet electric time delsel cus-start
cus-load cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew
holidays hol-loaddefs diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs xfq-backup xfq-ido ido xfq-org xfq-abbrev xfq-minor-modes
glasses savehist paren xfq-debug xfq-elisp xfq-server server xfq-require
elp hideshow easymenu url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv gnus-util time-date mm-util
mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars mailcap dired ediff-merg ediff-diff
ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff bmi cl-lib
xfq-packages package tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/XueFuqiao