Subject: Re: bug#13390: tramp-adb hanging forever

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 22:36:59 +0100

Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,

Hi Thierry,

> (require 'tramp-adb)
> (setq tramp-adb-sdk-dir "~/share/android-sdk-linux")
>
> M-x shell
> adb connect 192.168.0.24:5555
> => connected to 192.168.0.24:5555
> adb shell ls
> => works as expected.

I would like to check it, but my limited Android know-how prevents me
from this. I'm not able to connect to (the WLAN address of) my Android
device:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
~/src/tramp> ~/src/android-sdk/platform-tools/adb connect 192.168.0.26
unable to connect to 192.168.0.26:5555
~/src/tramp> ping 192.168.0.26   PING 192.168.0.26 (192.168.0.26) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 192.168.0.26: icmp_req=1 ttl=64 time=257 ms
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

USB access is OK, but that's not what we want to test. Is there
something one must prepare in order to run "adb connect" successfully?

Best regards, Michael.