Subject: Re: bug#13390: tramp-adb hanging forever

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 17:09:51 +0100

Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Thierry,

> 15:39:46.189500 tramp-send-command (6) # /system/bin/id -g 2>/dev/null; echo tramp_exit_status $?
> 15:39:46.778728 tramp-wait-for-regexp (6) # 
> uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
> tramp_exit_status 0
> ///cd75dd09133d48f3a1970966969c4c9a#$
> 15:39:46.779790 tramp-send-command-and-read (1) # File error:
> /system/bin/id -g ' does not return a valid Lisp expression:
> uid=0(root) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)

Tramp expects, that "id -g" returns just a number. Your /system/bin/id
behaves differently.

During my tests I've found that several commands in /system/bin behave
not exactly as expected. Thats why I have recommended to use as shell
just "sh". In the case of SSHDroid this results in a shell which comes
with SSHDroid, and which behaves more regular.

Maybe you give it a try?

Best regards, Michael.