Subject: Re: bug#13390: tramp-adb hanging forever

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 19:56:00 +0100

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Hi Michael,

Hi Thierry,

>>> USB access is OK, but that's not what we want to test. Is there
>>> something one must prepare in order to run "adb connect" successfully?
>> Install adb wireless:
>> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=siir.es.adbWireless&hl=en
>
> It says on the web page: "Rooted Phone Only!"
>
> Sorry, but that's not an option for my Nexus S. I can't check your
> problem.

I still have no chance to install adb wireless for the given reason. But
if you have installed also an sshd app on your device, you could check
any ssh-based Tramp method from now on. I've just tweaked Tramp to
support this; see the Tramp manual for setup hints.

It works fine for me with my Nexus S, running Android 4.1.2, and
SSHDroid 1.9.6.

Best regards, Michael.