Subject: Re: bug#1339: flyspell-buffer extraneous message to messages buffer

From: Agustin Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 10:10:53 +0200

On Thu, Jul 07, 2011 at 10:28:05PM +0200, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> xah lee <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > flyspell-buffer will create a error/warning messages in *Messages*
> > buffer for words that ether contains unicode, or html such as ?href?,
> > or words containing apostrophe. Each of these shouldn't occure as
> > error/warning messages.
> >
> > e.g.:
> >
> >  -> href - 1770: word not found
> >  -> Youngbloodz - 1765: word not found

(flyspell-external-point-words) first looks for a list of misspellings in
the document and later walks through the list, running (flyspell-word) on
each misspelling.

Those messages should only appear for words listed as misspellings by
spellchecker, but not found later in actual text, which is strange and
signalled. Which spellchecker, document encoding and dictionary are you
using?

A minimal document showing that behavior should also be useful,

Regards,

-- 
Agustin