Subject: bug#13378: [IMPORTANT] Make the 'subdir-objects' setup the default, and only available one

From: Peter Breitenlohner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 10:57:09 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 7 Jan 2013, Stefano Lattarini wrote:

> Alas, since this also means changing the default behaviour of Automake
> ('subdir-objects' is not enabled by default, sadly), this means the
> transition path will be less smooth than I'd like.  Here it is a sketch
> for it:
>
>  Automake 1.13.2
>  ---------------
>
>  Give a warning in the category 'unsupported' if the 'subdir-objects'
>  option is not specified.  This should give the users enough forewarning
>  about the planned change, and give them time to update their packages
>  to the new semantic.

Hi Stefano,

this warning (given when there are C - or other? - sources in subdirs)
should also mention the need to use AM_PROG_CC_C_O.

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <[email-masked]>