Subject: bug#13363: closed (Re: bug#13363: Documentation bug - nXML mode: C-return is not defined as stated)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 19:24:02 +0000

Your bug report

#13363: Documentation bug  - nXML mode: C-return is not defined as stated

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
13363: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13363
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#13363: Documentation bug - nXML mode: C-return is not defined as stated
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 14:23:02 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.2.92

John Brown wrote:

> The nXML mode documentation distributed with Emacs (24.2.1)
> states:
>
> <C-return> performs completion on the symbol preceding point.

That was fixed in the sources some time ago.

> The GNU Emacs manual at
> http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_mono/emacs.html:
> also states:
>
> "The major mode for editing XML documents is called nXML mode.
> This is a powerful major mode that can recognize many existing
> XML schema and use them to provide completion of XML elements
> via C-<RET> or M-<TAB> ..."

Thanks, I fixed that in the source too. (The web-page probably won't be
regenerated till at least when 24.3 is released though.)

Subject: Documentation bug - nXML mode: C-return is not defined as stated
From: John Brown <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 06:38:11 -0800 (PST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello All,

The nXML mode documentation distributed with Emacs (24.2.1)
states:

<C-return> performs completion on the symbol preceding point.

The GNU Emacs manual at
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_mono/emacs.html:
also states:

"The major mode for editing XML documents is called nXML mode.
This is a powerful major mode that can recognize many existing
XML schema and use them to provide completion of XML elements
via C-<RET> or M-<TAB> ..."

However, C-Return does not work (message is "C-Return is
undefined"). 

Apparently this key binding was removed deliberately:

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6776

The documentation should be updated to show the correct key
binding for completion.

Regards,
John Brown.