Subject: bug#13363: Documentation bug - nXML mode: C-return is not defined as stated

From: John Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 06:38:11 -0800 (PST)

Hello All,

The nXML mode documentation distributed with Emacs (24.2.1)
states:

<C-return> performs completion on the symbol preceding point.

The GNU Emacs manual at
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_mono/emacs.html:
also states:

"The major mode for editing XML documents is called nXML mode.
This is a powerful major mode that can recognize many existing
XML schema and use them to provide completion of XML elements
via C-<RET> or M-<TAB> ..."

However, C-Return does not work (message is "C-Return is
undefined"). 

Apparently this key binding was removed deliberately:

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6776

The documentation should be updated to show the correct key
binding for completion.

Regards,
John Brown.