Subject: Confirming occurrence of this issue in Emacs 24.3.1

From: "K. Arun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 09:56:50 -0400

Hello,

I can confirm this happens with my instance of Emacs 24.3.1 as well. At
some point after Emacs is launched as a daemon, I lose the ability to
create new frames. Typically, there will be a mix of mu4e, Clojure, nrepl
and org-mode buffers open. It does not matter how I try to create a new
frame - (M-x new-frame, C-x 5 b *scratch*, C-x 5 f <filename>) - all fail
with the following error :

x-create-frame-with-faces: bad text pointer cursor: BadValue (integer
parameter out of range for operation)

This is on an Ubuntu 12.04 LTS installation with a self-compiled Emacs
23.4. An edited version of emacs-report-bug output follows.

Arun

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2)
 of 2013-04-28 on scimitar
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11103000
System Description: Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  iswitchb-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<elided>

Recent messages:
nrepl connection closed: deleted

[mu4e] Found 10 matching messages
[mu4e] Retrieving mail...
[mu4e] Indexing... processed 61000, updated 0
[mu4e] Indexing completed; processed 61439, updated 0, cleaned-up 0
x-create-frame-with-faces: bad text pointer cursor: BadValue (integer
parameter out of range for operation)
Mark set
Mark activated
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug org-colview org-table cal-move org-element diary-lib
diary-loaddefs cal-iso flyspell ispell org-indent org-wl org-w3m org-vm
org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html
org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb network-stream
starttls tls nrepl ewoc eldoc arc-mode archive-mode etags vc-git paredit
clojure-mode imenu inf-lisp misearch multi-isearch dired-aux bookmark
calc-stuff help-mode calc-map info calc-alg calc-ext calc-menu calc
calc-loaddefs calc-macs qp mail-extr sort parse-time longlines mule-util
avoid server ac-nrepl-autoloads auto-complete-autoloads
google-translate-autoloads magit-autoloads minimap-autoloads
nrepl-ritz-autoloads nrepl-autoloads clojure-mode-autoloads
paredit-autoloads popup-autoloads quack-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads
yasnippet-autoloads iimage url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse
url-vars mailcap perlbrew cluck compile cmuscheme scheme erc-goodies erc
erc-backend erc-compat slime-xref-browser slime-sbcl-exts slime-mdot-fu
slime-enclosing-context slime-indentation slime-asdf slime-banner
slime-fancy slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-scratch slime-presentations slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-inspector
slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-parse slime-repl
slime edmacro kmacro pp hyperspec thingatpt slime-autoloads org-clock
org-install lambda-mode tsdh-dark-theme ido tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs shell recentf tree-widget wid-edit org-mu4e
org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-agenda org warnings advice help-fns
advice-preload ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src
ob-comint ob-keys org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
org-compat org-macs ob-eval org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs mu4e mu4e-speedbar speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe
mu4e-main mu4e-view epa derived epg epg-config browse-url comint
ansi-color ring mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-draft mu4e-actions
rfc2368 smtpmail auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
gnus-util password-cache sendmail mu4e-mark mu4e-message html2text
mu4e-proc mu4e-utils doc-view jka-compr image-mode dired mu4e-lists
mu4e-about mu4e-vars message format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
hl-line mu4e-meta iswitchb time time-date paren package cl-macs gv cl
cl-lib tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)