Subject: bug#13350: I have same issue in Emacs 24.3.1 (error in process filter: cd: No such directory found via CDPATH environment variable)

From: Oleksandr Gavenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 14:42:50 +0300

I get:

  error in process filter: cd: No such directory found via CDPATH environment variable
  error in process filter: No such directory found via CDPATH environment variable

when in "M-x term" run:

  ldd `which emacs`

*Backtrace* shown:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "No such directory found via CDPATH environment variable")
  signal(error ("No such directory found via CDPATH environment variable"))
  error("No such directory found via CDPATH environment variable")
  cd("/home/user/devel/my-deve") #[(string) "\306\232\203.\307\207\310H\311U\2031.\312\313\314#.\312\313	T#.\314	O.\315	T\nO!.\fB\211.,\207\310H\316U\203@.\317\314\320O!\207\307\207" [string first-colon second-colon filename fileline term-pending-frame "" t 0 26 string-match ":" 1 string-to-number 47 cd nil] 4]("//home/user/devel/my-deve")  term-emulate-terminal(#<process terminal> "6_64-linux-gnu/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0 (0x00007f01a9ba5000).\n --==XXXXXXX==--	libglapi.so.0 => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglapi.so.0 (0x00007f01a1589000).\n.//home/user/devel/my-deve")

I drop about 4KiB of ldd output at --==XXXXXXX==-- point.

Original example with:

  printf '%4090s' x

and

 printf '%40000s' x

work without problem.

Links:

  http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13350
                24.2; term.el is confused when bash prints almost 4096 bytes
  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2006-10/msg00036.html
                CDPATH problem reappears when using octave-2.9.9 from Emacs 23

-- 
Best regards!