Subject: bug#1335: Arch-dependant data should not be installed in the app bundle

From: Yavor Doganov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 17:12:00 +0200

Package: emacs,ns

I see no reason to install arch-dependent data in the app bundle when
--ns-disable-ns-self-contained is passed.  This only causes trouble
for distributors (who typically build several variants -- GTK+, Lucid,
-nox and now the GNUstep port) which share the same common binaries
(in Debian shipped in the emacsXX-bin-common package).

This also doesn't make sense for mortal users who wish to install both
a GTK+ and GNUstep Emacs under the same prefix; a perfectly valid
scenario.

2008-11-12  Yavor Doganov  <[email-masked]>  (tiny change)

	* configure.in: Under NS, set `exec_prefix' and `libexecdir'
	relative to `ns_appbindir' only if Emacs is configured for a
	self-contained app.

Index: configure.in
===================================================================
RCS file: /sources/emacs/emacs/configure.in,v
retrieving revision 1.575
diff -u -u -r1.575 configure.in
--- configure.in	7 Nov 2008 06:56:39 -0000	1.575
+++ configure.in	12 Nov 2008 14:56:06 -0000
@@ -1274,10 +1274,10 @@
   with_xft=no
   with_freetype=no
   # set up packaging dirs
-  exec_prefix=${ns_appbindir}
-  libexecdir=${ns_appbindir}/libexec
   if test "${EN_NS_SELF_CONTAINED}" = yes; then
      prefix=${ns_appresdir}
+     exec_prefix=${ns_appbindir}
+     libexecdir=${ns_appbindir}/libexec
   fi
 fi
 CFLAGS="$tmp_CFLAGS"