Subject: bug#13344: closed (Re: bug#13344: 24.3.50; Gnus error c:/dev/fd/0)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 00:04:02 +0000

Your bug report

#13344: 24.3.50; Gnus error c:/dev/fd/0

which was filed against the emacs,gnus package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
13344: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13344
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#13344: 24.3.50; Gnus error c:/dev/fd/0
From: Daiki Ueno <[email-masked]>
To: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 09:03:13 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Looks like this comes from this snippet in epg.el:epg--start:
>>
>>     ;; Set GPG_TTY and TERM for pinentry-curses.  Note that we can't
>>     ;; use `terminal-name' here to get the real pty name for the child
>>     ;; process, though /dev/fd/0" is not portable.
>>     (with-temp-buffer
>>       (when (= (call-process "tty" "/dev/fd/0" t) 0)
>> 	(delete-backward-char 1)
>> 	(setq terminal-name (buffer-string))))
>>
>> Obviously, this will never work on Windows.
>
> So perhaps that code should just be disabled for Windows?        

Oops.  Though I tend to revert the previous patch, I've just added error
check around call-process for now.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
-- 
Daiki Ueno

Subject: 24.3.50; Gnus error c:/dev/fd/0
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 00:14:43 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

There appears to be an error opening up the .authinfo.gpg file.

I get the error in the *Messages* buffer:

Unable to open server nnimap+aol due to: Opening input file: Opening process input file, no such file or directory, c:/dev/fd/0
Opening nnimap server on aol...failed:

Using the exact same setup but running the emacs version:

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2012-12-27 on MS-W7-DANI
Bzr revision: 111346 [email-masked]

works correctly. 

Additionly, with this version of Gnu Emacs (Bzr 111393), I don't get
prompted for my GPG password, unlike Gnu Emacs Bzr 111345 where I
do get prompted and it works correctly.

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2013-01-01 on MS-W8-DANI
Bzr revision: 111393 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/include -Ic:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/src
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1_win32/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2_win32/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1-lib/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.1.5-w32/include
 -Ic:/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> 
<help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win
w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process w32notify w32
multi-tty emacs)