Subject: Re: bug#13344: 24.3.50; Gnus error c:/dev/fd/0

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 19:29:49 +0200

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 00:14:43 +0000
> 
> There appears to be an error opening up the .authinfo.gpg file.
> 
> I get the error in the *Messages* buffer:
> 
> Unable to open server nnimap+aol due to: Opening input file: Opening process input file, no such file or directory, c:/dev/fd/0
> Opening nnimap server on aol...failed:

Looks like this comes from this snippet in epg.el:epg--start:

    ;; Set GPG_TTY and TERM for pinentry-curses.  Note that we can't
    ;; use `terminal-name' here to get the real pty name for the child
    ;; process, though /dev/fd/0" is not portable.
    (with-temp-buffer
      (when (= (call-process "tty" "/dev/fd/0" t) 0)
	(delete-backward-char 1)
	(setq terminal-name (buffer-string))))

Obviously, this will never work on Windows.

I know nothing about this stuff, so I have no idea why you get there
now, but didn't get there before.  Maybe this will give you a hint to
start digging.