Subject: bug#13338: closed (Re: bug#13338: 24.2; find-tag misses 'jka-compr feature at startup)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 02:57:04 +0000

Your bug report

#13338: 24.2; find-tag misses 'jka-compr feature at startup

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
13338: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13338
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#13338: 24.2; find-tag misses 'jka-compr feature at startup
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 21:55:07 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.2.92

Thanks. I made it just check if auto-compression-mode non-nil.

Subject: 24.2; find-tag misses 'jka-compr feature at startup
From: Vandrus Zoltán <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 17:33:56 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I made a TAGS file for the lisp files of emacs, which are gz compressed,
and if I try to use find-tag at startup it fails to find the files,
although I have auto-compression-mode enabled.

I have the following message:

    tag-find-file-of-tag-noselect: File 
/usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/simple.el not found

I think it's because tag-find-file-of-tag-noselect use

    (featurep 'jka-compr)

to decide if it should handle compressed files, but jka-compr.el
provides only 'jka-cmpr-hook.

And indeed after evaluating

    (require 'jka-compr)

find-tag works.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.6.2)
of 2012-11-18 on eric
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11301000
Configured using:
`configure '--prefix=/usr' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
'--localstatedir=/var' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-xft'
'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector
--param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'
'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro''

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail regexp-opt rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cus-edit wid-edit battery time paren
cua-base cus-start cus-load help-mode easymenu view lua-mode-autoloads
package tabulated-list tango-dark-theme time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)