Subject: 24.2; find-tag misses 'jka-compr feature at startup

From: Vandrus Zoltán <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 17:33:56 +0100

I made a TAGS file for the lisp files of emacs, which are gz compressed,
and if I try to use find-tag at startup it fails to find the files,
although I have auto-compression-mode enabled.

I have the following message:

    tag-find-file-of-tag-noselect: File 
/usr/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/simple.el not found

I think it's because tag-find-file-of-tag-noselect use

    (featurep 'jka-compr)

to decide if it should handle compressed files, but jka-compr.el
provides only 'jka-cmpr-hook.

And indeed after evaluating

    (require 'jka-compr)

find-tag works.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.6.2)
of 2012-11-18 on eric
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11301000
Configured using:
`configure '--prefix=/usr' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
'--localstatedir=/var' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-xft'
'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fstack-protector
--param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'
'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro''

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail regexp-opt rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cus-edit wid-edit battery time paren
cua-base cus-start cus-load help-mode easymenu view lua-mode-autoloads
package tabulated-list tango-dark-theme time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)