Subject: 24.2; rmail-cease-edit adds content-type line to non-MIME messages even when editting is aborted

From: Mark Lillibridge <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2013 12:20:07 -0800

Run Rmail on the following mbox file:

====================  cut here  ====================
>From mdl  Wed Oct 26 10:18:58 2011
From: Mark Lillibridge <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: 23.3; rmail-edit-current-message adds extra '>'s to Froms...
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 12:05:57 -0700
Reply-To: <[email-masked]>

Start with a Rmail message (this one will do) not containing MIME that
contains lines like the following:

>>From level 1
>>>From level 2
>>>>From level 3

====================  cut here  ====================

    You should see one non-MIME message; edit it via 'e' then abort your
edit via C-c C-].  Note via 't' that an extra header has been added to
the end of the headers:

Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

    Something is very wrong here.  First, when you abort editing a
message it should never be modified under any circumstances.  Second,
Rmail should not be adding MIME headers to non-MIME messages.

- Mark