Subject: Re: bug#13321: 24.3.0.50; Gmail error when replying from Gnus to github

From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 16:15:50 +0900

Thierry Volpiatto wrote:
> Here the commit that introduce this bug:
> 2559724 *
>| Author: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
>| Date:   Mon Nov 19 06:24:03 2012 +0000
>|
>|     message.el (message-get-reply-headers): Make sure the reply goes to the author if it is a wide reply

This log message suggested that the author (i.e., the From: address)
of a mail didn't appear in a message header when starting composing
a wide reply.  I mean, if you perform a wide reply using the `F' or
the `S W' command to a mail like the following:

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

The old one will compose a draft as follows:

To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

But the present one does:

To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

This is much better for a wide reply, isn't it?  The root cause of
this difference is due to the Reply-To header, that some mailing
list servers are likely to add (it may be because many mail clients
compose a draft to send to only the author, I guess).

Is your problem that the From address is invalid?  If so, if there
is a valid Reply-To header, you can use R rather than F.  Otherwise,
feel free to forward an example mail to me.

Regards,