Subject: bug#13321: closed (Re: bug#13321: 24.3.0.50; Gmail error when replying from Gnus to github)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 11:32:01 +0000

Your bug report

#13321: 24.3.0.50; Gmail error when replying from Gnus to github

which was filed against the emacs,gnus package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
13321: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13321
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#13321: 24.3.0.50; Gmail error when replying from Gnus to github
From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 20:29:57 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Thierry Volpiatto wrote:
> Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Thierry Volpiatto wrote:
>>> I think that when a "reply-to" header is provided, it should take
>>> precedence on the "to" header actually provided, isn't it the
>>> purpose of the "reply-to" header ?
>>
>> That may be a sound argument, but mailing lists that use Reply-To
>> seem not a few.  Actually, I often needed to resend my wide reply
>> to the author.  There was no means to help it in the old Gnus.
>> OTOH, you have handy options. :)
> Ok, I trust you ;-), anyway using `message-dont-reply-to-names' fix the
> problem.

Thanks!

Subject: 24.3.0.50; Gmail error when replying from Gnus to github
From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 18:40:27 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,
when replying to github I have now this message from gmail:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

     [email-masked]

Technical details of permanent failure: 
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the
recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for
further information about the cause of this error. The error that the
other server returned was: 550 550-5.1.1 The email account that you
tried to reach does not exist. Please try
550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or
550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at
550 5.1.1 http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=6596 ci15si58841657wjb.6 (state 13).
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

this happen when using emacs from trunk.
When I switch to emacs-24 branch Gnus works fine, gmail doesn't send
such mails.

-- 
  Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997