Subject: Re: automake fails make check

From: Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 12:07:52 +0100

tags 13317 + wontfix moreinfo
close 13317
stop

Reference:
<http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13317>

Hi Ronald, sorry for the ridiculous delay.  I'm going through
some old logs, and stumbled on this old report of yours.

It seems to me that most of the failures you reported seem due
to some misconfiguration of your environment, e.g.:

  ar cru liblib.a x.o
  /usr/bin/ranlib: invalid option -- q

  cc  -g -O2   -o LDADD LDADD.o lib/liblib.a
  ld: warning: ignoring file lib/liblib.a, file was built for \
    archive which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
  Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
    "_lib", referenced from:
        _main in LDADD.o
  ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
  collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

In addition, automake have seen several non trivial changes in the
areas relevant to your report since you sent it here.  I'm thus
going to close this report to avoid keeping the bug tracker too
cluttered.

If you want to retry running the testsuite of the new Automake
release of just few days ago (1.14.1), feel free to open a new
bug to report any failure you incur into.

Thanks,
  Stefano