Subject: bug#13311: 24.2.91; The `commentary section' isn't documented

From: Xue Fuqiao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 08:44:21 +0800

--text follows this line--
This bug report will be sent to the Bug-GNU-Emacs mailing list
and the GNU bug tracker at debbugs.gnu.org.  Please check that
the From: line contains a valid email address.  After a delay of up
to one day, you should receive an acknowledgment at that address.

Please write in English if possible, as the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators for other languages.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug, and
the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give a recipe
starting from `emacs -Q':

In (info "(elisp) Common Keywords"), the :link keyword has a
`(emacs-commentary-link LIBRARY)', it says:
  Link to the commentary section of a library; LIBRARY is a string which
  specifies the library name.
But I didn't find what the `commentary section' means in the manual.

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2.91/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.91.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.13)
 of 2012-12-29 on Emacs
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11300000
System Description:	Ubuntu 12.10

Configured using:
 `configure '--with-wide-int''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  global-ede-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent input:
M-b M-b M-b M-w <menu> a p r o p o s <return> C-y <return> 
C-p <tab> <return> M-> M-< C-s C-y C-s C-s <return> 
C-x k <return> <menu> l o a d - <tab> l <tab> SPC b 
<backspace> SPC <return> b r <tab> - u r <tab> <return> 
C-h f M-p C-g q C-x o C-n C-h f <return> <tab> <return> 
C-v C-v M-v C-l C-x k <return> C-x 1 M-e M-a M-e M-a 
M-e C-n C-n C-n M-b M-b C-z C-p C-n C-SPC M-f M-f M-w 
C-x r m e l i s p <return> u u s C-y <return> s <return> 
M-v C-v C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-x C-g M-v M-v C-h f d e f c u s t 
o m <return> SPC M-v SPC C-h v : l i n k <return> C-g 
q C-x o SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC 
C-x 0 C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-h f M-p <return> C-x o SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC 
SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC M-< <tab> <return> C-SPC C-g C-x 
1 C-s e m a c s - c o m m e n t a r y C-s C-s C-g q 
C-v C-v C-v C-v M-v C-v C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n M-v C-x 
k <return> <menu> : l i n <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> a p r o p o s <return> : l i n k <return> 
C-x o <tab> <return> C-x o C-x k <return> C-x 1 C-n 
M-f M-f M-f C-SPC C-g C-p C-a C-k C-n M-b M-b C-SPC 
M-f M-f M-f M-b C-b M-w <menu> r e p o r <tab> <re
turn>

Recent messages:
Mark set
Quit
Entering debugger...
Back to top level.
mouse-2, RET: Display more help on this variable
Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer.
Mark set
Quit
byte-code: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer *info*>
Mark set

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils browse-url apropos
jka-compr info bookmark pp two-column kmacro iso-transl quail help-mode
debug misearch multi-isearch ede/cpp-root ede/emacs flyspell ispell
eldoc org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo
org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-agenda org-info
org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org ob-tangle ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys org-pcomplete
pcomplete comint ansi-color ring org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob org-compat
org-macs ob-eval org-loaddefs format-spec find-func disp-table saveplace
uniquify warnings advice help-fns advice-preload whitespace hl-line
ede/speedbar ede/files ede ede/base gv ede/auto ede/source eieio-base
eieio-speedbar speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe eieio-custom wid-edit
cedet electric time battery delsel cus-start cus-load cal-china lunar
solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs
diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs xfq-backup
xfq-ido ido xfq-org xfq-abbrev xfq-minor-modes glasses savehist paren
xfq-debug xfq-elisp xfq-server server xfq-require elp hideshow easymenu
url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv gnus-util time-date mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
url-vars mailcap dired ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help
ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff bmi cl-lib xfq-packages package
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/XueFuqiao