Subject: bug#13310: 24.2.91; The `active field' isn't documented

From: Xue Fuqiao <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 06:54:45 +0800

--text follows this line--
This bug report will be sent to the Bug-GNU-Emacs mailing list
and the GNU bug tracker at debbugs.gnu.org.  Please check that
the From: line contains a valid email address.  After a delay of up
to one day, you should receive an acknowledgment at that address.

Please write in English if possible, as the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators for other languages.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug, and
the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give a recipe
starting from `emacs -Q':

I cannot find the explanation of `active field' in the Emacs manual.  I
think it is a doc bug.
See: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2012-12/msg00357.html

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.2.91/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.91.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.13)
 of 2012-12-29 on Emacs
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11300000
System Description:	Ubuntu 12.10

Configured using:
 `configure '--with-wide-int''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  global-ede-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> C-h i s e l i s p <return> <return> s m 
a c r o <return> <return> SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC SPC 
SPC p SPC p SPC p p SPC SPC p C-x C-f C-g q C-x d <return> 
SPC d d d x y e s <return> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> q C-x C-f C-g x q C-x d <return> q <help-echo> 
<help-echo> C-h C-n C-s m a c r o <return> C-a C-SPC 
M-f M-f M-f M-w C-s i m c o <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> n c o m C-s <return> C-s m a c r o <return> 
M-v C-v C-s C-s <return> C-a C-f C-f C-f C-SPC M-e 
M-w C-z C-SPC C-a C-f C-p C-f C-f M-w C-z C-z C-z C-s 
C-s C-s C-s C-s C-g q C-z C-h C-g C-x k <return> C-h 
C-g n C-s C-g q SPC SPC M-< M-> M-< C-z <menu> r e 
- b u g <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Mark saved where search started
Mark set
Mark saved where search started [3 times]
Mark set [2 times]
Entering debugger...
Back to top level.
Entering debugger...
Back to top level.
Mark set [3 times]
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils misearch multi-isearch
view ede/dired help-mode debug jka-compr info ede/cpp-root ede/emacs
flyspell ispell eldoc org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew
org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks
org-agenda org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys
org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color ring org-list org-faces
org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob
org-compat org-macs ob-eval org-loaddefs format-spec find-func
disp-table saveplace uniquify warnings advice help-fns advice-preload
whitespace hl-line ede/speedbar ede/files ede ede/base gv ede/auto
ede/source eieio-base eieio-speedbar speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe
eieio-custom wid-edit cedet electric time battery delsel cus-start
cus-load cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew
holidays hol-loaddefs diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs xfq-backup xfq-ido ido xfq-org xfq-abbrev xfq-minor-modes
glasses savehist paren xfq-debug xfq-elisp xfq-server server xfq-require
elp hideshow easymenu url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source eieio
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv gnus-util time-date mm-util
mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars mailcap dired ediff-merg ediff-diff
ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff bmi cl-lib
xfq-packages package tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/XueFuqiao