Subject: bug#13309: 24.3.50; the key combination fn-RET is not recognised any more

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 14:22:12 +0100

Hello!

In

	In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin9.8.0, NS apple- 
appkit-949.54)
	 of 2012-10-17 on Latsche.local
	Bzr revision: 110565 [email-masked]
	Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.949
	Configured using:
	 `configure '--without-sound' '--without-dbus' '--without-pop'
	 '--without-gconf' '--without-gpm' '--without-gsettings'
	 '--without-selinux' '--without-gif' '--without-jpeg' '--without-png'
	 '--without-rsvg' '--without-tiff' '--without-xpm' '--with-ns'
	 '--disable-ns-self-contained' '--x-libraries=/usr/X11/lib'
	 '--x-includes=/usr/X11/include'
	 '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
	 Support/Emacs/calendar24:/Library/Application Support/Emacs'
	 'CFLAGS=-g3 -H -pipe -fPIC -fno-common -Os -mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450
	 -maltivec -faltivec -mabi=altivec' 'CC=gcc-4.2' 'CXX=g++-4.2'
	 'CPPFLAGS=-I/sw/include' 'LDFLAGS=-L/sw/lib -v -Wl,-v -Wl,- 
bind_at_load
	 -Wl,-t'
	 'PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/sw/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/share/pkgconfig:/usr/X11/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig''

I could use fn-RET as key binding for other-window. In the recent

	In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin9.8.0, NS apple- 
appkit-949.54)
	 of 2012-12-30 on Latsche.local
	Bzr revision: 111377 [email-masked]
	Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.949
	Configured using:
	 `configure --without-sound --without-dbus --without-pop --without- 
gconf
	 --without-gpm --without-gsettings --without-selinux --without-gif
	 --without-jpeg --without-png --without-tiff --without-xpm --with-ns
	 --disable-ns-self-contained --x-libraries=/usr/X11/lib
	 --x-includes=/usr/X11/include
	 --enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
	 Support/Emacs/calendar24:/Library/Application Support/Emacs CFLAGS=-g3
	 -H -pipe -fPIC -fno-common -Os -mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450 -maltivec
	 -faltivec -mabi=altivec CC=gcc-4.2 CXX=g++-4.2 CPPFLAGS=-I/sw/include
	 LDFLAGS=-L/sw/lib -v -Wl,-v -Wl,-bind_at_load -Wl,-t
	 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/sw/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/share/pkgconfig:/usr/X11/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig'
	
	Important settings:
	  value of $LC_CTYPE: de_DE.UTF-8
	  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
	  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
	  default enable-multibyte-characters: t
	
	Major mode: Lisp Interaction
	
	Minor modes in effect:
	  tooltip-mode: t
	  mouse-wheel-mode: t
	  tool-bar-mode: t
	  menu-bar-mode: t
	  file-name-shadow-mode: t
	  global-font-lock-mode: t
	  font-lock-mode: t
	  blink-cursor-mode: t
	  auto-composition-mode: t
	  auto-encryption-mode: t
	  auto-compression-mode: t
	  line-number-mode: t
	  transient-mark-mode: t
	
	Recent input:
	<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-h k <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
	<backspace> k <C-return> C-h k <M-return> C-h k <s-return>
	C-h k SPC <menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-r
	eport>
	
	Recent messages:
	For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
	Type C-x 1 to delete the help window, C-M-v to scroll help.
	M-RET (translated from <M-return>) is undefined
	<s-return> is undefined

	Load-path shadows:
	None found.
	
	Features:
	(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822  
mml
	mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
	gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
	mail-prsvr mail-utils help-fns help-mode easymenu time-date tooltip
	ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset
	image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register
	page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
	font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
	misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
	greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
	case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer  
loaddefs
	button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
	base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print- 
readable
	backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)

the same key press fn-RET leads to some stall. No input is accepted,  
no C-g. After a while it seems to work inputting mouse events to get  
out of this blockade.

--
Greetings

   Pete

A morning without coffee is like something without something else.