Subject: bug#13299: 24.3.50; Tramp adb and device not found

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 08:33:19 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Eli,

>> Well, I've borrowed an MS Windows machine for tests. And indeed, it
>> blocks. Looks like `call-process' is not interruptable with a timer on
>> MS Windows.
>
> What do you mean by "timer" here?  Even in Emacs this has multiple
> meanings, to say nothing of the rest of the world ;-)

There is the following code:

  (with-timeout (10)
    (with-temp-buffer
      (when (zerop (call-process tramp-adb-program nil t nil "devices"))
      ...

No problem under GNU/Linux. Under MS Windows, the timeout does not
interrupt the `call-process' form, when it is overdued. That's why I
have replaced it with a `start-process' implementation.

Best regards, Michael.