Subject: bug#13299: 24.3.50; Tramp adb and device not found

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 16:43:00 -0500

Hi Michael,

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> [email-masked] writes:
>
>> Hi Michael,
>
> Hi,
>
>> ;; GNU Emacs: 24.3.50.1 Tramp: 2.2.7-pre -*- mode: outline; -*-
>> 18:03:45.471000 tramp-file-name-handler (1) # Interrupt received in
>> operation (file-name-all-completions /adb::/)
>>
>> You don't see this until you type ^G (keyboard-quit) and kill the
>> adb process from outside of Emacs.
>
> I still have no chance to test under MS Windows. However, I have added
> blindly a timeout of 10 seconds. Could you, please, check?

With bzr 111935, it no longer hangs with:

     Making completion list...

It looks like it quickly flashing with:

      Find file: ~//adb::/ [No Completions]

and then displays:

      Find file: ~//adb::/

The *Messages* buffer has:

16:33:52.812000 tramp-adb-maybe-open-connection (1) # File error: No
device connected

So it looks like it now works as expected, since, indeed, the device was
not connected.

Thanks!

> Best regards, Michael.