Subject: bug#13282: 24.2.91; tramp clobbers file owner/group

From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 17:51:05 +0100

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Even with this setting I cannot reproduce. I need the traces, and/or
> a simple scenario how to reproduce.

It even happens with make-backup-files == t.  Just edit a file with a
non-default group, like /etc/shadow.

Tramp: Inserting `/sudo:[email-masked]:/etc/shadow'...done

Tramp: Checking `vc-registered' for /sudo:[email-masked]:/etc/shadow...done
Tramp: Inserting `/sudo:[email-masked]:/etc/shadow'...done
Saving file /sudo:[email-masked]:/etc/shadow...
Copying /sudo:[email-masked]:/etc/shadow to /sudo:[email-masked]:/etc/shadow.~1~...done
Copying /tmp/tramp.28187Oau to /sudo:[email-masked]:/etc/shadow...done
Wrote /sudo:[email-masked]:/etc/shadow

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."