Subject: bug#13246: 24.3.50; Dired and Tramp adb

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 04:06:46 -0100

Hi,

When trying to run Dired using Tramp's adb method, I get the folowing
error (also in *Message* buffer):

byte-code: Specified time is not representable (with adb)

The Dired buffer is completely blank.

^X^F/adb::/? (find-file) works fine.

Can Dired be made to work as well?

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-12-20 on ODIEONE
Bzr revision: 111280 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -IC:/Devel/emacs/build/include --ldflags -LC:/Devel/emacs/build/lib'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US
  locale-coding-system: cp949
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> C-x o C-x C-f <up> <down> 
<down> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> / a 
d b : : / ? <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> 
<drag-mouse-1> C-a ? C-x o C-x o C-v C-v C-x o q <escape> 
x l C-g C-g <escape> x p r o c SPC d SPC <return> C-s 
3 9 2 d <backspace> C-b d x C-x o C-x <escape> <escape> 
<up> <up> <up> <down> <return> C-x C-f <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> / a d b : : / ? r o o <tab> 
/ <return> C-g <escape> x l i s t SPC p r o c SPC <return> 
C-g C-g C-g C-x C-f <up> <down> <down> / <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> / a d b : : / ? 
C-g C-g C-x d <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> / a 
d b : : / <return> C-x 1 s C-x b C-g C-x d <return> 
C-f g g g g C-x b * M e <tab> <return> <escape> > <down-mouse-1> 
<drag-mouse-1> <escape> w C-x C-f p r i v <tab> <return> 
C-n C-y SPC ( w i t h SPC a d b ) <return> C-x C-b 
C-x s y <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> 
<send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
byte-code: Specified time is not representable
xding
byte-code: Specified time is not representable
xding
byte-code: Specified time is not representable
xding
byte-code: Specified time is not representable
Mark set [3 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(parse-time re-builder misearch multi-isearch proced ffap url-parse
url-vars tramp-sh tramp-cache tramp-adb tramp tramp-compat auth-source
eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv password-cache tramp-loaddefs
shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring help-mode shadow sort mail-extr
emacsbug message derived format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils pp advice help-fns pager rx w3m-search w3m
browse-url doc-view easymenu jka-compr dired desktop image-mode timezone
w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems mule-util w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon
w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util wid-edit w3m-wget cl nadvice server
easy-mmode cl-macs gv pcase cl-lib edmacro kmacro paren time-date
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)