Subject: bug#13225: 24.3.50; Non-selected window has not mode-line-inactive face

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 08:41:00 -0500

>> I believe we always do, especially when (potentially) running Elisp
>> code, which can in turn run pretty much any code.
> Who am I to object?  I thought the purpose of this was that a user can,
> in her mode line code, call `frame-selected-window' to check whether the
> currently selected window really is the selected window (at least in a
> one-frame environment).

If we want that, we'll need some other way to get that info, since as
you point out it only worked for single-frame settings.

> IIUC display_mode_lines contains the only Lisp running code where the
                                 ^^
                                 ed

> selected window does not necessarily equal the selected window of its
> frame.

Yes.

> So it might be worth to fix this.

That's why I did it.

        Stefan