Subject: bug#13225: 24.3.50; Non-selected window has not mode-line-inactive face

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 11:28:12 -0800

> > Of course, when we drop frame-local variables this problem
> > will disappear.
> > 
> > Maybe we should live with the "selected_frame->selected_window !=
> > selected_window" problem until we get rid of frame-local vars.
> 
> And just why have you decided to drop frame-local vars?
> 
> I don't use them - just wondering.  Who have they hurt?
> Why were they created?  Is that purpose no longer valid?
> Does no one use them for anything?

BTW, you might want to have a look at Alp Aker's library `frame-bufs.el' (ccing
him):

overview: http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/FrameBufs
code:     http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/frame-bufs.el

>From the overview:

Frame-bufs is intended as a convenience for those who like to organize their
workflow in Emacs by using specific frames for different projects.  It extends
Emacs's buffer menu so that it understands a distinction between those buffers
that are associated with a given frame and those that are not.  The buffer menu
can be toggled between a list of all buffers and a list of only those buffers
associated with the selected frame.  The criteria governing which buffers are
associated with a frame can be customized through various options.  In addition,
buffers can be manually added to and removed from the list of buffers associated
with a frame.  The package interacts properly with other-buffer and respects
changes in buffer ordering made by bury-buffer.