Subject: Re: bug#13222: 24.2; C-c C-c in shell mode on OSX sends SIGINT

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 15:02:22 -0500

Andreas Schwab wrote:

> "Tim Daly Jr." <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> If you ssh someplace in shell mode and hit C-c C-c, it kills the ssh
>> process.  It wasn't always that way.  The intended effect is just to
>> kill the foreground process on the remote host, as if you'd hit C-c
>> at a terminal.
>
> It looks like Darwin doesn't have SIGNALS_VIA_CHARACTERS defined.  Since
> it's BSD-like I'd guess it really should.

Could someone with a Mac try this out with the emacs-24 branch, and see
if it fixes the issue and doesn't cause any obvious problems?
One way to do it is to run configure as normal, then edit src/config.h
and uncomment

#define SIGNALS_VIA_CHARACTERS 1

(Seems surprising this has not been reported before. AFAICS, S_VIA_C has
never been defined on Darwin, so this issue should be present in Emacs
23 as well. Would be good if someone could check that too.)