Subject: 24.2.90; Wishlist: configure option --without-compress-lisp

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 19:19:08 +0100

Hi,

Sometimes I want to perform a multifile string search in the elisp
sources (e.g. with Icicles, dired-do-moccur, or zgrep), say in the lisp/
directory.  I know about `find-function', finder.el, and such tools, but
sometimes, a simple file-based search is better suited.

But performing such a search is currently extremely slow, because I have
to decompress all the single elisp files.  OTOH, I don't care about some
MB more or less used disk space.

So, is it possible to provide a --without-compress-lisp configure flag?
I guess it is trivial to implement.

Thanks,

Michael.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.90.4 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2012-12-14 on drachen
Bzr revision: [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (wheezy)

Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/usr/local/built/''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: de_DE.utf8
  value of $LC_TIME: C
  value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t