Subject: bug#13211: 24.2.90; Wishlist: configure option --without-compress-lisp

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 20:02:31 +0100

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

> Duplicate of
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=9789

I'm sorry about that, I should have searched for other reports first.  I
just forgot it.

> Summary: make GZIP_PROG= install
>
> > So, is it possible to provide a --without-compress-lisp configure flag?

But note that my problem is not about installation, but about using the
final program.  So, introducing a configure option seems appropriate to
me.

OTOH maybe there are not many people that would use this new option.

Is this GZIP_PROG= install setting documented somewhere?  I'm not that
familiar with make.  If it is findable if you know what you are
searching, then I'm ok with leaving everything as is.

Thanks,

Michael.